Microsoft Exchange Online OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft Exchange Online is #4 ranked solution in top Email Applications. IT Central Station users give Microsoft Exchange Online an average rating of 8 out of 10. Microsoft Exchange Online is most commonly compared to G Suite Enterprise:Microsoft Exchange Online vs G Suite Enterprise. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Microsoft Exchange Online?
Exchange Online helps protect your information with advanced capabilities. Anti-malware and anti-spam filtering protect mailboxes. Data loss prevention capabilities prevent users from mistakenly sending sensitive information to unauthorized people. Globally redundant servers, premier disaster recovery capabilities, and a team of security experts monitoring Exchange Online around the clock safeguard your data.

Microsoft Exchange Online was previously known as Exchange Online, Exchange Online Plan 1, Exchange Online Plan 2, MS Exchange Online.

Download the Email Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Microsoft Exchange Online Customers
Bank Alfalah Ltd., Paderborn-Lippstadt Airport, Blue Star Infotech, Scitec Nutrition, Resolution Films, British Airways, Empire Cinemas, InnoGames
Microsoft Exchange Online Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Microsoft Exchange Online pricing:
  • "The model is one which is pay-per-use go. There is no license. We are talking about per-user subscription-based use."
  • "I am using Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange Online comes as the package. It cost approximately $13 per month."
  • "The subscription fee is monthly."
  • "There is a license required for the solution and it is paid annually."
  • "We have an enterprise agreement for licensing."

Microsoft Exchange Online Reviews

VP
Delivery manager at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
MSP
Completely scalable and flexible

• "The solution offers complete scalability and flexibility."
  • "The solution should have more integration with other platforms."

What is our primary use case?

I use the latest version.

The solution obviates the need for infrastructure. The model is pay-per-use. We are not talking about a single email but a complete collaboration suite. One gets very well integrated IT which is tightly stitched with collaborations. One can chat and field calls. As such, it is not only Exchange Online coming on, but Office 365 Suites, which Microsoft provides the users. This availability ranges from first-line workers to CEO level users, depending on one's requirements. All the industry needs are covered. One can take the model best suited to him and tailor his solution to his investment capacity needs.

This means that the solution offers complete scalability and flexibility. A business user who occupies a very small portion of the industry can pay less for a suite. The desktop and web versions are also options. The solution's handy. One can use it on his mobile, or any other devices, including multiple devices and single identity. So, the picture is comprised of many components.

What needs improvement?

The solution should have more integration with other platforms. It is more integrated to the collaboration suite and other document management systems.

I have been using Microsoft Exchange Online for the last couple of years.

The solution boasts complete scalability.

As the solution is cloud-based, there is no installation required. There is no need to worry about its applications and no license. We are talking about per-user subscription-based use.

When it comes to the license, we are already talking about Microsoft. There is also provisioning. Otherwise, it's just plug and play. There are not many administrative tasks involved.

The model is one which is pay-per-use go. There is no license. We are talking about per-user subscription-based use.

A business user who occupies a very small portion of the industry can pay less for a suite. The desktop and web versions are also posibilities.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is an SaaS cloud-based solution.

There are a thousand-plus users making use of the solution in our organization.

I would recommend the solution to others, although this depends on the capacity one is interested in and whether he utilizes another solution. For someone who wants the complete bouquet of the solution, he can go with Office 365. There are others solutions which are geared to one who is only interested in email capabilities. There are many cloud-based solutions available, although these vary with the needs of the organization. Office 365 is geared towards someone who is looking for a complete collaboration suite. Someone who is not looking for this is advised to go with another solution.

I rate Microsoft Office Exchange as an eight to nine out of ten.

TahaZaki
Azure Cloud Solutions Architect at cloud hiver
Useful mail flows, stable, and simple installation

• "All of the Microsoft Exchange Online is very useful, such as the sections, the information protection, and the mail flows."
  • "The solution could improve with the integrations with some of the known applications is still not possible, there must be more connectors."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Exchange Online for emails and communication.

What is most valuable?

All of the Microsoft Exchange Online is very useful, such as the sections, the information protection, and the mail flows.

What needs improvement?

There should be a feature when sending the emails it pops up and gives the confirmation of the real details when you are sending them out outside. There's an option for the alerts, but there's no double-check. We cannot double-check it or re-confirm it again. This option would be nice to have.

I have been using Microsoft Exchange Online for approximately two years.

I have found Microsoft Exchange Online to be stable. I have not had any issues.

Microsoft Exchange Online is scalable.

I have not needed the support.

I have used Gmail previously, but I like Microsoft products better. The options and features are already at the granular level.

The installation is simple.

I did the implementation of the solution myself.

I am using Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange Online comes as the package. It cost approximately $13 per month.

What other advice do I have?

We have a lot of connectors with Office 365, and it's integrated with Microsoft technologies already. Additionally, there is integration with other third parties solutions. It's a good product.

I rate Microsoft Exchange Online a ten out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Google, Zimbra and others in Email Applications. Updated: November 2021.
553,954 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Manoj Nair
Tech Specialist at Select Softwares
Massive storage capacity with 100 GB per user mailbox

• "The online version is faster, as it is a cloud instance. We can have massive mailbox capacity: 100 GB per user, which is huge. We can't provision such capacity internally, as the company would get burnt out paying for mailbox storage."
  • "I would prefer an anti-malware functionality in at least the basic version."

How has it helped my organization?

In terms of mail, it is on the cloud and there is a lot of dependency on the internal server, which is not exactly great.

The online version is faster, as it is a cloud instance. We can have massive mailbox capacity: 100 GB per user, which is huge. We can't provision such capacity internally, as the company would get burnt out paying for mailbox storage. You have no idea how relieved the Fortune 500 company mail admins were with this.

What is most valuable?

The onboard anti-spam is pretty good. Therefore, you do not need to invest in an additional anti-spam product. If needed, invest in an anti-malware solution, specifically for weeding out damage at the email level.

It has massive storage capacity with 100 GB per user mailbox.

What needs improvement?

I would prefer an anti-malware functionality in at least the basic version.

I have deployed Office 365 and migrated my on-premise version to the cloud. Though I was a bit skeptical to move when money and backup functionality came into picture, the migration started to gain momentum. It has been more than four years since we started to use it.

There is no server downtime. It never runs out of mechanical resources as it is the cloud version.

TC
Principal Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Works fine, but its interface can be better

What is our primary use case?

I just use it for email and scheduling work within a team.

What is most valuable?

It is for emails, and it seems to work okay.

What needs improvement?

I don't like it in general. It sort of has that Microsoft flavor to it, which is just the style they use and the way they color things and lay them out.

I have been using Microsoft Exchange Online for seven months.

It is stable. I don't recall any downtime.

It is scalable. We have probably hundreds of users. My immediate group has 10 users, and the larger group has 50 users.

They seem okay. …

What is our primary use case?

I just use it for email and scheduling work within a team.

What is most valuable?

It is for emails, and it seems to work okay.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Microsoft Exchange Online for seven months.

It is stable. I don't recall any downtime.

They seem okay.

The initial setup is pretty much straightforward. They are full of secure-everything. They want your password again after a couple of weeks. Everybody has to be security safe, so, of course, that's why they do it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend investing in support. None of these systems are plug and play.

I would rate Microsoft Exchange Online a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
AD
Engineering Manager at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Stable, scalable and easy to install

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft Exchange Online is cloud-based and we always use the latest version.  I believe that my company has been using the solution for many years, although I cannot state for certain how many, as the company was doing so prior to me having joined.  We are currently using the online version of the solution, Office 365.  We use the solution in respect of Office 365, email, Office, OneDrive, SharePoint and Teams.

What needs improvement?

The licensing price of the solution could be lower.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support is decent.

Which

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft Exchange Online is cloud-based and we always use the latest version.

We are currently using the online version of the solution, Office 365.

What needs improvement?

The licensing price of the solution could be lower.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support is decent.

We did not make use of other solutions prior to Microsoft Exchange Online.

As the solution is cloud-based, we found the installation to be easy. I do not know how long it took, as I was not responsible for this.

Deployment and maintenance involved two people.

The licensing price could be lower. The subscription fee is monthly.

What other advice do I have?

Our organization has 300 users making use of the solution.

Sami Alomaisy
Manager at global trading
Overall easy to use, user friendly, and cloud based

• "I have found the interface to be user-friendly and the overall simplicity valuable features."
  • "The solution should have a stand-alone application instead of us having to go through an internet browser."

What is most valuable?

Having the solution on the cloud has alleviated the need to have hardware on-premises. I no longer have to deal with the expense of power usage and the hardware taking up space. It is much better for us, we can now focus more on the business instead of our assets.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

In my experience Microsoft Exchange Online is scalable. We have approximately 10 people using this solution in my organization.

We have three technicians that do the deployment and maintenance for the solution.

There is a license required for the solution and it is paid annually.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Microsoft Exchange Online an eight out of ten.

JH
IT Specialist - Technology Services at a educational organization with 10,001+ employees
Good for assigning tasks to individuals, but it is too complex and needs to be streamlined

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for planning tasks. We need to upgrade 5,000 computers and we have to assign that to several different teams of people. As the tasks are completed, we are expecting updates regarding the status and other relevant information.

How has it helped my organization?

We are not very happy with this product.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is being able to assign an individual a task.

What needs improvement?

This product is too complex to use. It could be more streamlined because it offers an overabundance of features. It's simultaneously offering you to do 10 different things and it's confusing as to what we should do first.

I have been using Microsoft Exchange Online for…

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

We are not very happy with this product.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is being able to assign an individual a task.

What needs improvement?

This product is too complex to use.

I have been using Microsoft Exchange Online for about two years.

We have had no issues with stability.

We have a couple of thousand users.

The initial setup is pretty simple.

We have an enterprise agreement for licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

MG
Information Management Specialist at a government with 501-1,000 employees
Stable, easy to scale, and has good support

What is our primary use case?

The main use for Microsoft Exchange Online is to work remotely.

What is most valuable?

It allows us to work from home, at any time or anywhere.

What needs improvement?

The integration could be better if it could integrate well with other products and software.

I have been using  Microsoft Exchange Online for a couple of years. We are using the latest version.

It's a stable product. We have no issues with the stability of Microsoft Exchange Online.

Microsoft Exchange Online is a scalable solution. We have 350 users in our organization.

I…

What is our primary use case?

The main use for Microsoft Exchange Online is to work remotely.

What is most valuable?

It allows us to work from home, at any time or anywhere.

What needs improvement?

I have been using  Microsoft Exchange Online for a couple of years.

We are using the latest version.

Microsoft Exchange Online is a scalable solution.

We have 350 users in our organization.

I don't have any issues with the technical support. They are good.

Previously, I was using Outlook.

I was not involved in the installation.

We have a team of four or five admins to maintain and deploy this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate Microsoft Exchange Online a nine out of ten.