One Identity Manager Review

The data can be manipulated using SQL queries and commands. There are too many configuration interfaces.

What is most valuable?

The data is easy to manipulate using SQL queries and commands.

How has it helped my organization?

The product was initially brought in to replace an unsupported solution. Later on, it became a partner self-service portal, reducing service desk calls to create accounts for business partners.

What needs improvement?

There are too many configuration interfaces. They could simplify the design to not require VB/PS coding to draw the workflows.

I have used this solution for three years.

The initial connection to the domain and LDAP trees was painful. However, once configured, it was stable.

The product scaled well. We had approximately 8000 users at the time of implementation.

There is great technical support. No issues there.

We used Novell's DirXML 1.1a. The client opted to migrate instead of upgrading.

The initial setup was complex due to the customer’s complex environment. A third-party service provider was required for deployment.

Licensing can be high. Quest usually bundles with other products, so you can get a better deal.

We only upgraded from the same vendor, Novell at the time.

What other advice do I have?

The product has its challenges, but when well configured, it can provide good results.

In Q1IM, at least the version I worked with, it wasn't very intuitive to create processes and you need to actually add code to the boxes in order to customize. I always compare with NetIQ/Microfocus as they have the designer which is easier to elaborate rules.

About the interface, they have multiple applications, such as report designer, webdesigner, designer, object browser, import tool, manager, identity manager, jobqueue info. Its a suit of apps. It takes time to get familiar with them and know which does what.

1 visitor found this review helpful