One Identity Manager Review

Our employees get everything that they need the day that they start

What is our primary use case?

We use it to manage identities, We have around 12,000 employees who need to be managed, which is a lot of people worldwide. It is sort of stressful to manage proactively unless you have automated systems.

How has it helped my organization?

We have an SAP connector since we have integrated the solution with our HR database.

What is most valuable?

Simulation mode of One Identity Manager for company policies, station policies, business roles, etc.

The solution is flexible. You can customize it a lot. You can also customize parts of it. You can can build connectors, connecting them to a new application, and so on.

What needs improvement?

There are some good things about the policy and role management features, but you can't really use them to their full potential. A lot of customizing that we have to go through to implement new processes and new customized policies could be better. Though, overall, it is great.

They need to implement a lot of best practices for this solution.

The stability is okay. It really depends on if there have been changes made on the database where you are trying to obtain your data.

I haven't had much contact with the solution's tech support. My partner contacts them.

Our company didn't have any of this type of solution before, so it's a totally new process that we're going through at this very moment.

The initial setup was quite complex because you run into some existing policies that the company already had. There was some trouble with some inconsequential policies.

We used our partners, who are an integrator. Everything is in one box.

The solution has helped us increase employee productivity when it comes to provisioning user interface systems. Our employees get everything that they need the day that they start.

What other advice do I have?

Build a strong team for this solution because there will be a lot of issues that you will have to go through, especially on your HR database. Build a team that knows how to listen and how to act.

The SAP integration process was quite interesting. You have to search for the answers in the right department with the right people. After that, it becomes easy.

We are currently not on the cloud.