One Identity Manager Review

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for us is to follow the identity lifecycle, starting from feature improvement up to many accounts along with targeted systems.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the way of operations functions.

It has partly helped with GDPR, especially with HR.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are its handling and that it is easy to maintain and manage the data.

The solution is flexible in connection with the controls. For example, it's easy to implement, easy to handle, and understandable to configure.

The user interface needs improvement.

What needs improvement?

I would like a secondary account approach out-of-the-box, as this would be really useful. Additionally, it would be nice to have more functionality in terms of connecting SAP systems, provisioning user accounts through SAP systems, and provisioning additional attributes.

The stability has improved over time.

It is easy to scale up. However, obtaining additional resources additional are an issue.

We have not been much in touch with their technical support, which is a good sign for the product, since it mostly working.

Our previous solution (IBM) was outdated.

The complexity of the initial setup varies. The Active Directory may be considered less complex then connecting a SAP system.

We have a consultant, who helps us in wrapping up solutions and connecting the current systems to one another.

This solution helped us to increase employee productivity when it comes to provisioning users or systems. It is what the solution was designed for. In some cases, it has gone down from days to hours/minutes.

To a certain extent, it has helped us reduce help desk calls by five to ten percent.

It helps us save on licenses for applications because we are following the account lifecycle, as well as account reactivation.

We had a shortlist of three vendors: SailPoint IdentityIQ, IBM, and One Identity. We looked at functionalities, what came out-of-the-box with each product, and what needed configuring.

What other advice do I have?

The product is a nine out of ten because 80 to 90 percent of our requirements are out-of-the-box.

Consider the speed of implementation, amount of customization, and the authentications if you are comparing between tools. Operations is also a topic: Is it easy to operate and is there a dedicated operational team?

We have integrated with SAP because SAP has connected systems.

I like the integrated approach of the privileged account governance features.