One Identity Manager Review

Enables us to customize the user interface and the workflow processes

What is our primary use case?

We use it for meeting compliance requirements.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to clear up some audit actions by providing evidence we have a proper, controlled approval process.

In addition, One Identity Manager has helped to increase employee productivity when it comes to provisioning users and systems.

What is most valuable?

Its flexibility is the most valuable feature, the way we can customize the user interface and the workflow processes. It helps us set up the correct approval processes.

What needs improvement?

Better support for version control and multi-threaded development would be helpful additional features.

The support for DevOps could be improved with quick delivery cycles and multiple delivery streams.

We do have performance problems, but outside of that, it seems stable.

We have some performance problems, so pushing to scale is a challenge.

The technical support is acceptable. We get responses when we raise queries, but maybe not as fast as we'd like.

We worked with a third-party vendor, TCS. Our experience with them was okay but it was difficult to get skilled resources.

We have seen return on investment.

What other advice do I have?

Think about what the out-of-the-box features are in the product and how those map into your business requirements. Perhaps look at revisiting the business requirements to better fit with the product.

We integrated the solution with SAP, given that we already had a significant SAP deployment for our financial services. Because I wasn't involved in that I can't comment on how that process went.

In terms of our cloud strategy, One Identity Manager hasn't impacted it. The solution will fit within that strategy.

I would rate it at eight out of ten. It meets most of our business requirements. We can deliver functionality the users want, but it does need some improvements, in the performance and support for a DevOps-type quick SOC release.