One Identity Manager Review

The solution is flexible. It can do almost anything.

What is our primary use case?

It manages our Active Directory and SAP user accounts according to HR data and assigns permissions via request or rules.

How has it helped my organization?

We create business roles with permissions in different systems and employees can either request those bundles or get them automatically via rules. User creation in all connected systems has been automated. Employees can request permissions through the IT Shop, their manager and permission owners approve the request and the system assigns it - we don't have to wrangle with excel lists of permission assignments anymore.

What is most valuable?

It is very flexible and adaptable to our needs and the ootb features are also quite comprehensive. The overview sheets are great.

What needs improvement?

Make logging and debugging easier to find, I never quite know which log to turn on for which use case (just for my tools, for the job service user, etc).

Setting up permissions inside the admin tools could be easier, maybe have some roles already created and configurable, like helpdesk needs to view persons, accounts, requests, but not change anything, maybe be able to set delegations etc.

More than five years.

Had no major problems. Support is great and quick to help.

Technical support is usually great.

We had a vb script for Active directory user provisioning from HR data. It was outdated and prone to errors. We wanted one solution that could manage Active Directory and SAP accounts.

The initial setup was complex because the product is complex, there's usually more than one way of doing something. It's a steep learning curve. Our project didn't leave lots of time for our internal admins to familiarize themselves with the tools. Support was a great help in the first few months after go live and without consultant...

For the migration from 6.1.4 to 8.0.1 we used IT Concepts. Migration went smoothly as our expert and theirs worked closely together.

Provisioning users and permissions has been automated. The IT shop helps spread the load of permission requests and IT personnel can focus on other things than manually assigning those permissions in various systems.

We looked at a few different solutions. Most of them were better suited for only one target system and some had poor add-ons for the other targets we needed. OIM seemed the most balanced and also has connectors for other targets we were planning on using.