One Identity Manager Review

Facilitated the customization of all our workflows for approvals

What is our primary use case?

We are using One Identity Manager to manage user access requests. Then we manage the provision, as well as the provision of those users. We get the identities from SAP and then we provide them whatever access they are requesting.

How has it helped my organization?

The biggest improvement has been the auditing. Now we have a record of what the users have, what the users have requested and when, and when things were approved. It's all in the same system.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the fact that we don't need paper anymore. We came from a paper solution and getting rid of the paper is valuable.

The solution is also flexible. We have customized our IT shop. Because we have so many applications, the solution, out-of-the-box, wasn't good enough for us. So we have customized all our workflows for approvals and it's working fine.

I have some doubts, not about the stability but when they released version 8 we were unsure about the roadmap that they were going to follow. We are waiting for 8.1 before we upgrade.

There's no problem with the scalability.

We have opened a couple of cases and we've had a really good response from the team. Initially, we contacted Professional Services a couple of times, and their answers were pretty good.

We didn't have any solution previously.

The initial setup was complex.

We used a partner. Our experience with them was difficult because the project was really difficult. We had our ups and downs but, in the end, it was good.

What other advice do I have?

For this or any other similar solution, make sure you have the maturity to go forward with an identity management project. If you are at that point, this solution is a good option to look at because it's really flexible. It makes it possible to do a lot of things.

We are getting comfortable with the solution. We're just at the very beginning. We are in production but not for the whole company, so we are not enjoying all the benefits of the solution. In terms of the privileged account governance features, we are not there yet. We are now investigating them and they look fine but, we are progressing slowly.

The solution has helped to simplify compliance, but not as much as we would like because we haven't implemented all the options, all the features yet. We are in the middle of that.

We have integrated the solution with SAP, we need to get identities from it. The integration process with SAP has been the worst. It has been really difficult because our SAP is really customized. The standard connector hasn't been enough, so we have had to create a new connector and it's been really difficult.

I would rate it at eight out of ten. It's pretty new but they are making a great effort to be the best and to focus on the user.