One Identity Manager Review

We are creating, managing, and provisioning in SAP, as it is a fully integrated solution

What is our primary use case?

We are managing the entire trend for our identity management, from HR hire until offboarding. We use it for managing all the IT accounts in the company, which has hundreds of thousands of identities.

How has it helped my organization?

At the time of the onboarding, this is solution that we have interfacing with HR. On the same day an employee is hired, an account is created and available for the manager when the end user arrives. The opposite is true. The moment employment is terminated, the same day everything is disabled, then later deleted.

We have integrated it directly with SAP, since our HR source of information is SAP and more than 80 percent of our business is run on SAP. Therefore, we have the largest SAP installation in the world. It's fully integrated, so we are creating, managing, and provisioning in SAP, as it is the core of our business. We are synchronizing for SoD, so it's working well. We are using different aspects of the integration.

What is most valuable?

The overall capabilities of the identity governance and administration (IGA) solution for identity management.

The flexibility of the solution: We are able to use what is out-of-the-box, customize and prioritize it, then further develop it to meet our needs. Our use for it is very complex, but we are able to achieve success with One Identity.

The back-end, its capabilities, and workflows are very good.

What needs improvement?

I would like a more friendly web UI. This is something that they are already starting to work on.

Because of our volume, the monitoring of the solution, several job servers, and DBQs has been very time consuming for us.

I would also like it to have an easier integration with phones.

With the current version, the stability is very good. With the previous version, it was not good. We are now in version 8, and it's really stable and performing.

Without this solution, because of our sheer size, we cannot manage our own house.

We are paying for premium support, which is expensive. However, we do receive very good, fast support.

What we implemented is very broad. We implemented basic identity management: workflow, self-service, and shopping for roles. We also implemented SoD. To implement all of this and because of our size, we had to work with partners and One Identity, which was a complex process.

We have seen a little ROI when there was a restructuring reduction in the market for user management teams, but not enough to cover the cost of the project. The focus was on security compliance, not on return on investment.

This solution has helped to reduce help desk calls. We are a very big company, so we have implemented thousands of role-based access controls which give rights to the users. Based on their movements, we are removing or assigning access. We also have the entire onboarding process fully automated. We have removed more than 90 percent of all manual requests for accounts.

This solution has helped to increase employee productivity when it comes to provisioning users. E.g., We can give users access in under a day. It is now based on how long it takes for HR to perform the action to onboard the employee.

We started an RFP in 2013 or 2014. Then, the end of the process was in 2015, we selected One Identity Manager by comparing it against many other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

Define what you are researching. Write down use cases you need. Then, ask for a demo with you data, so you can see actual results.

We are working on our IT cloud strategy. We are starting to do cloud provisioning integrated with our identity management.

We use it for compliance, but not directly for GDPR.

We are using the policy and role management features.