One Identity Manager Review

It's very flexible; you can use it for almost every situation for every customer

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to allow users to quickly administrate their permissions and data.

How has it helped my organization?

As a consultant, it is a good product to sell.

It always helps to improve the processes of the customers.

What is most valuable?

• It's very flexible. You can customize it to the fullest extent. You can use it for almost every situation for every customer.
  • The policy and role management features are very good. They have gotten better over time.
  • The privileged accounts governance features are very good.

What needs improvement?

As consultants, it's a very complicated to learn it at first, which makes it hard to find people to work with it.

The Synchronization Editor has to become easier to use for us, as technical consultants, because sometimes it's very complicated. If, as a new feature, there would more connectors out of the box in the Synchronization Editor, this would help a lot.

It is very stable. We did had some occasions where we had problems with the stability, but the stability is very good.

It is very scalable. We have customers with just a few users to customers with hundreds of thousands of users.

The initial set up was quite complex. It takes quite some time to get use to this product because of its complexity. Then, you are able to customize it and do everything the customer needs.

It takes some time before we, as consultants, really receive benefits out of it. This applies to the customer, as well.

What other advice do I have?

It will impact the cloud strategy of a lot of customers in the future. We just started to implement this feature for customers, so it should have a huge impact in the future.

We have not integrated the solution with SAP.