One Identity Manager Review

You can scale it quite big, which is good, and it has good sizing

What is our primary use case?

We using it internally. We are also offering it to our customers as a managed service.

How has it helped my organization?

I have heard that the overall security is much better, although we still have slow processes going on within the company. Internally, this is what I have heard, since I work more on the customer side.

Since we are ISO 27001 compliant and GDPR compliant, the product has probably helped with this.

What is most valuable?

It brings simplicity into complex matters.

What needs improvement?

I would like some access management features to be added. We have some customers with a small need to do authentication as a service, and there are other solutions on the market which offer this.

It is a large solution where you need to learn how to work in a certain way for it to provide the best benefit. On the other hand, it's really a structured way so you should work in a structure way, as it is a compliant to other frameworks.

I haven't heard any complaints regarding stability.

There was some slowness when we implemented it, but I haven't heard anything since.

You can scale it quite big, which is good. It has good sizing.

We have some smaller customers where the solution is too big, but that is an IAM world issue.

We have 15,000 people working for us.

I've been happy with the technical support. When I previously worked in another company implementing One Identity Manager, I was pretty happy with support.

The initial setup for us is quite simple, and we have done some measures internally to make it even easier.

We have used other partners to help with our own implementation.

We're using it to monitor the customer environments, which has helped us increase employee productivity when it comes to provisioning users and systems.

It has helped to reduce help desk calls quite a lot, since not we are using the Access Manager which looks into our web services.

What other advice do I have?

I think it's one of the best solutions on the market.

It is a big task to implement alone, so ask a lot of questions if looking to implement.

You can see and do a quite a lot. It is really open in that way, but going out and trying to do stuff which it isn't meant to do, that's much harder. I wouldn't go there. However, it's gives you a good framework to work and build on.

The policy and role management features work. They are getting better all the time. I don't really have a better experience from other solutions.

I am just learning the privileged account governance features and how they work.

We don't have SAP internally. We offer it as a service, as a company, to our customers, but we don't use it.

We are managed service providers, so we cannot have our own private cloud.