One Identity Manager Review

Secure solution that helps us complete tasks in the least amount of time

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to control access to our open source Unix and the app store games. This is a banking organization, so you don't want to give all of the rights to one person.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this solution means that our engineers do not need to log in to a domain controller as frequently. Rather, they can log in using One Identity and perform all of the administrative tasks. This is beneficial from a security perspective, and also helps to complete the task in the least amount of time.

It provides Authentication services and integrates Active Directory for open source operating systems.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is the built-in security, which is the best that I have seen. The interface is also very good.

What needs improvement?

My only complaint about this solution is the price, as I think that the cost of the full user license is a little high.

A feature that I would like to see is a mobile app that provides users the ability to make changes or add users to the Active Directory on the fly.

Three to five years.

I would rate the stability of this product a nine out of ten. This is the only tool that will comfortably help you work with Active Directory in other solutions.

It is scalable across infrastructures. It works with Windows, open source operating systems, and covers almost everything that you need. We have more than four-thousand users in this solution. Our organization keeps growing, so our base will forever be increasing.

To this point, we have not had to reach out to the solution's technical support.

Prior to using this solution, everything was done manually. Security was at risk of breach and we thought that we needed to be compliant.

The setup of this solution was simple and straightforward. Any admin can do it by looking at the whitepaper.

The process of deployment took approximately one month. However, that is not because the process is complicated or time-consuming. In our case, being in banking, there are a lot of policies and processes that have to be followed before implementing a new solution.

One Identity does what we need it to do, so we do not require any other plugins or packs to run our solution.

One Identity sells everything that is required to deploy. We directly deal with them and do not use a vendor or a consultant.

There is a one-time licensing cost, and there is also a yearly subscription fee. The fee is related to the number of users and is perhaps $6 or $7 per license per month.

We did look at other options, but it boiled down to choosing One Identity with no second thought.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to try this product first and then decide. In organizations with a large footprint of open source operating systems, such as Unix or Linux, security for them is a bigger concern, especially for banking. They should take advantage of using the evaluation version.

Overall, I would rate this product eight out of ten.