Red Hat Fuse Review

Performs well, offers a good software development environment, and stability is a strong point

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Red Hat Fuse is one of the products that we have experience working with.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the software development environment.

What needs improvement?

Our clients would like to see the user interface improved so that it is more user-friendly.

We have been using Red Hat Fuse for two or three years.

Red Hat Fuse is very stable and this is one of the strong points of this product.

This product can scale both horizontally and vertically.

I have not been in contact with technical support. The tool is not very hard to use.

I find the initial setup to be easy. However, some people look for other tools because they don't like the command-line interface. The typical deployment takes about two weeks. This includes getting the machines.

From the point where we have the machines and understand the requirements, it takes no longer than two hours to set up and deploy.

Our in-house team is responsible for deployment and maintenance.

This is an open-source product that can be used free of charge.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it to people because it is very good for starting with an ESB project. Depending on the size of the installation, it may not be necessary to use another tool. I would suggest starting with the documentation to see if it meets the requirements. I think that doing a proof of concept is a good idea because you will get a real perception of what the tool offers.

Another thing that I suggest is to try and find the connector that you want to use and make sure that it is supported by Red Hat or another company.

Overall, I think that this is a good tool. It is very versatile, although compared to other tools on the market, it doesn't have the appearance, or look and feel, of one that is very professional. You can do everything on the command line, but some people feel that it just doesn't look good. For me, agility and performance are more important than it being eye-catching.