Red Hat Fuse Review

A solution offering easy setup and fast deployment with an ability to scale quickly

What is our primary use case?

I am using Red Hat Fuse to implement microservices.

How has it helped my organization?

I was asked to implement an application that was supposed to protect a lot of information in XML format. After I analyzed the business case, I proposed the VPN Red Hat Fuse as the solution to implement for the application. We also analyzed what was needed to use Java for implementation, but using Red Hat Fuse simplified the look of the application. It integrates very well with XML, with JSON, MongoDB, and relational databases. It was a perfect choice.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers competent modules that help you to integrate with other platforms and it allows you to write applications in a few lines of code.

What needs improvement?

The pricing model could be adjusted. The price should be lower.

I've been using the solution for more than four years.

The solution is stable. We have gone for months or years without any issue. There are no memory restarts, so from my point of view, it's very stable.

The solution is deployed using containers which makes it very scalable.

I've never had to contact Red Hat for this particular solution, though I have contacted them previously in regards to other solutions, and they were very helpful.

I have tried other options, but only for short periods of time.

The solution is easy to set up and use if you understand the philosophy behind the framework. Deployment was not a problem because it uses use containers, so I was able to use the source image feature integrated into Openshift.

As long as you have the source code on GitHub or GitLab or a Git repository it can be deployed in five to seven minutes.

I did the implementation myself.

We have a yearly subscription. You don't need a license. It's not an overly expensive solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the private cloud deployment model with Openshift as the provider.

I would advise those considering implementation to play with the framework. If you try to understand the philosophy behind the framework it will make it easy to use.

I would rate the solution ten out of ten.