Signavio Process Manager Review

User-friendly and has an easy implementation process

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution primarily for our single-source business process.

At this point in time, we've onboarded about 400 people who are actively capturing processes and adding critical attributes. We have a lot of additional people (very hard to put an exact number on that) who have viewed the models.

In terms of deployment and maintenance, there is a team of five people plus a specialist testing these sources. At the moment we are using it across some of our value chains and we will eventually cover the entire organization. I expect that to happen in the next 18 to 24 months.

How has it helped my organization?

The Australian banking landscape has just been through a revision (royal commission). It's a government led commission looking into banking practices and there were quite a few findings that came out of that. We are using the process repository to lock down and address process weaknesses. We've actually launched a multi-million dollar transformation program to control our environment. Signavio helps to accomplish this which is imperative to government compliance for us.

What is most valuable?

What I find most valuable for us is the governance of a workflow by embedding process accountability. It has always been a challenge to define who owns what and under what circumstances you can change processes.

What needs improvement?

As we have only used the product for six months, it's too soon to tell what we'd like to see added in the future besides getting the solution fully deployed. At this point, we haven't fully explored the full functionality but it's got things like process manning capability and intelligence capability which we haven't even tapped into yet.

The organization has been using this solution for about six months.

We've had no issues in terms of down times or anything since implementation. I suppose the lack of downtime depends on our AWS server. That's all based in Australia.

As far as scalability, I think it's a bit early for me to tell because we've just started using it. We've had no issues to date but I think as we get more involved with implementing our models, it may become a bit more of an issue. But I really don't know.

Technical support has been pretty good. The primary support is based in Germany, but they are developing the local capability pretty quickly. A lot of support is currently local. Anything that required assistance from the German office hasn't really made much difference in service time.

We're still in hyper-care mode so support is constantly available. There have been no real issues. Migrating some models from the legacy system — that was seven years out of date —wasn't as simple as I thought it would be. It required a bit of scripting. However, that's a one-time exercise.

After we actually completed the configuration, we never had to go back to the vendor for anything. From the support perspective, everything was done. When we did have to communicate with them, it was related specifically to the old legacy system. The rest of it is pretty straight forward.

We had the ARIS solution before Signavio. The primary difference between the two is that ARIS provided an architectural academic view where Signavio is very user-friendly. Signavio got more people in the business excited about using the tool rather than just focusing on the project and involving the process professionals. We consciously targeted a user group that was organization-wide and we based our decision of tool selection on that.

The initial setup was very simple. It took us less than three weeks from signing the contract to having the first users online. We put people through training and we are onboarding users and our core value change progressively. We're only just getting to the actual the rollout at six months after completing testing.

We are working fairly closely with the vendor for integration. Right now we are only beginning to explore the capabilities for enhancing customer experience, mapping customer journey, and the mapping functionality.

In terms of just implementing it, it's very simple. My team has scaled up very quickly. We are to the point of being able to develop internal user training that I think is quite effective.

We used a vendor for the implementation. They were good and we are more than happy. The vendor spent a few weeks with us training my admin team. It hasn't been complicated at all.

As far as return on investment we've saved cost simply on the licensing. The ability to implement our future plans, which may have been hindered with other solutions, gives us a competitive advantage. In actual dollar amounts, that is impossible to value and much of the realization of the return will come in the future.

Signavio actually worked out a fair bit less expensive for us than some of the competitors. We negotiated an enterprise license for up to 30,000 users for certain components and a per-user license for other components based on our need for those. The company was very flexible in price negotiations in terms of the overall solution. We are paying in the region about eight hundred thousand dollars a year for an enterprise license.

There's nothing in addition to that unless we want additional capacity or features.

We brought in an analyst to select tools for us to have a look at. We looked at ARIS, IBM Blueworks, and Signavio. We decided to experiment with Signavio and ARIS. Then we got business leaders to come in, have a look at the two and come up with recommendations. By those recommendations, we settled on Signavio.

What other advice do I have?

I'd give Signavio a nine out of ten at this point. I'm very happy in terms of it performing as we designed. If there are any issues, it's because we don't fully understand the functionality and the capability yet. I think the only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is that I've not had a chance to explore capability and functionality fully.

1 Comment
Andrew-LimReal UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

You can learn more about BPMN 2.0 and Signavio Collaboration Hub, Business Decision Modelling with DMN 1.0 and Signavio Workflow Accelerator on Mooc House.

11 September 19