Signavio Process Manager Review

Drag-and-drop makes this easy to use, encourages company-wide process thinking

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to optimize our fund processes and also to use the process charts for our yearly audits. The audits are a very important topic for us.

How has it helped my organization?

Our global aim is to transform from a silo thinking organization to a process thinking organization and I think this technology can help everybody to enable this.

With respect to ease of use, I think that Signavio fits very well here. It matches the needs that we have. At first glance, process thinking doesn't seem like it is for everybody. You really have to get into it a little bit. Now, after using Signavio, I think it's very easy.

What is most valuable?

The interface is very intuitive and includes a drag-and-drop function. I've never seen anybody who needs a big introduction to the software. Using it is a bit like an iPad or an iPhone.

What needs improvement?

There are a few bugs when you use the Microsoft Surface Hub with the big screen.

I have been working with Signavio for two and a half years.

This is definitely a stable product. I have never had any big issues with it.

In our German offices, this solution is used in every department, albeit in different ways. In some departments, it is used only for projects. However, in my office, it is used for our daily processes.

The initial setup went well and I have never had any problems.

It takes a few days to set up. We have a central department that manage the licenses.

We have internal training on how to use Signavio.

We have definitely realized ROI by using this Signavio.

Firstly, it enables process thinking across the whole company. It is also very good for knowledge transfer when you have documented your processes and when, for example, a new employee comes and you can show them your processes. It is really good for big-picture thinking.

What other advice do I have?

We have completed a proof of value for the process intelligence functionality, but we have not yet begun to use it. This may happen in the future.

I really like the simplicity, but when it comes to using it with the Microsoft Surface Hub, there is a little bit of room for improvement.