Signavio Process Manager Review

Easy to use with good collaboration features and proactive support

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this Signavio is mapping processes. I map the main calls and main processes in the company. One of my tasks is to eliminate waste within business processes.

How has it helped my organization?

The Signavio tool is very easy to use and it is one of the reasons why I like it. It is also one of the reasons that we have adopted it. It's easy for other people to learn in perhaps one or two hours.

Especially in a company like ours, the product development process is very complicated. It's very complex, and Signavio helps us to make the product development process clearer, faster, and better.

This solution has helped us carry out the entire process-improvement lifecycle in a unified hub by using the Collaboration Hub. We share all of the processing mappings with other colleagues in the company.

I would say that in seventy to eighty percent of the cases, this tool gives people what they need. There is always ten or twenty percent of the things in each tool that can be made better in the future. For us, this solution makes it faster for us to develop and document processes, and then bring them into the whole company using the Collaboration Hub.

The collaborative features have certainly helped to create a process-centric mindset in our organization, but at the moment, I cannot provide a specific example.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the short version of the mapping because it is easy to do.

What needs improvement?

I find it difficult to figure out how I can better align this solution with my KPIs. I would like to combine the most important KPIs in our processes together with the main Signavio tools.

We have been using this solution for four or five months.

Based on my experience over the past four to six months, I would rate the stability a nine out of ten.

This is a scalable solution.

We currently have five people using Signavio Process Manager and the number of users is increasing each month. Other areas of the organization are coming in, as well.

I have no experience with technical support. However, in the past four or five months, I have received calls from support two or three times. It is the support people asking me if there are any problems. I find that this proactive support is great for me, and I am happy that it works in this way. I ask them something, I give them some information, and I get an answer as soon as possible. It works for me.

We did not use another solution prior to this one. We did not document processes in a professional way. Our interest was in finding a tool to not only document the processes, but everything around the decision process. I think that it is sometimes more important than the process itself.

The initial setup is straightforward and not complex.

It is too early to see ROI, but for some processes, I am able to see how much and what kind of waste there is. It is my job to eliminate waste, and although I cannot say how much money will be saved or earned, it will help with my job.

We started documenting processes by using external consultants and they told me about Signavio. They had compared different systems and they gave us the information. We looked at other possibilities and there were not many. Ultimately, the Signavio tool gave us good performance over the two or three different tools that we compared.

What other advice do I have?

We have not yet begun to use process mining in our company. I think that it is the second or third step, rather than the first.

We do not yet use the Process Intelligence function.

My advice to anybody who is researching this type of solution is to look for ease of use. The most important thing is to make it easy for people to model processes, as well as consume them.

I have only been using this solution for less than six months, but at this point, I am able to find most of the things that I need.