Signavio Process Manager Review

Easy to use and fast but it needs a sandbox

What is our primary use case?

At first, we just used Signavio to get the whole picture. We wanted to see where we stood in terms of processes and what we actually were doing. We didn't know what we were doing in detail. That was the first step. The next step was to improve our processes. We wanted constant improvement. That's where we started to struggle. We have always documented and everyone has access to Signavio. I can look at their processes, but then we took our foot off the throttle and interest from management went elsewhere. I would say the current priority is automation and digitization. The process work has been a bit neglected in the last couple of years, so we need to come up with a re-ignition.

How has it helped my organization?

This is the company's third attempt. I think Signavio is very simple to use and it's very quick. We can produce results fairly quickly, so we can have steady improvements in the processes. It's immediately available for users, which has been a great improvement compared to what we had before.

What is most valuable?

It's easy and fast. It's very quick to work with process teams in terms of improving processes. You just have to send them a URL and to have a process in front of them. I don't use all of the possibilities we have in Signavio. This has made it easier for people to adopt because when we scrambled the process team together and started a process of improvement, it improved their process. They are much more involved than they had been earlier, and they can also use Signavio to make smaller improvements in the process for themselves. There are many more interactions between the process teams and Signavio than in our previous solution, where you had to hire in a professional process modeler. It's been a great improvement.

What needs improvement?

From what I have experienced when I worked with a process team, we would like to work with dummy process diagrams. Right now, I don't know if I would set up a process as a dummy since it very often gets mixed up with diagrams in production. There are many process diagrams linked to the production environment. I would like to have some kind of sandbox to work with. That would be very good. I don't even know if they already have it, but I would certainly like that.

We have been using Signavio for around three years.

It's a cloud solution, so usually, it's stable, but once in a while, you might lose contact with Signavio for a few minutes. I never experienced the loss of contact for more than an hour.

We used another solution which was okay, but a lot more complex to work with than the Signavio.

I wasn't involved in the set up of Signavio in the first place, but I think it was fairly quickly done. What I was involved in was the migration of the files from our previous solution to Signavio. That was fairly easy. It was just a migration and a renovation of all the diagrams migrated. We had to do a manual brush up of the diagrams and then we were good to go.

I am not involved in the financial side of Signavio, but I would guess there has been a return on investment. You have to look at. Without Signavio where would we have been? Signavio turned out to be a simple and more cost-efficient solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as seven out of ten. I think it's really good, but there are so many possibilities. There are so many tracks it can pull off and so much functionality that you can pour into the application. That probably isn't wise to do, though, so I think there's much more to come when we talk about Signavio. There's a lot more in the years to come I guess.