Signavio Process Manager Review

Provides an easy way to make new processes visible and understandable to the organization

What is our primary use case?

The main use case is really to make the process visible for the organization to help them understand it. We also use it to create a clear definition, not only of process steps, but also the roles behind the process. If you think about our organization, that is something that we really need to explain to people that are new.

How has it helped my organization?

In terms of transforming our business, Signavio provides an easy way to make new processes visible and understandable to the organization. It depends on the level of detail you create and how big the process is, but that is the main thing.

What is most valuable?

I'm not a heavy user but I really like the concept of the Collaboration Hub, where people can work together on the processes. I would say in general, what I like most is that it is an easy to use tool. I have also worked with ARIS, and this is much easier.

I would say the collaboration features are very useful to us, because we are a European organization, so we are not in one location. This is an easy way to share with other people and ask them for feedback. That is the use case for us.

We have been using Signavio for around two years.

For me, I would give everybody in our organization the possibility to look at their processes. That is our goal. That is also one reason why our process design is on an activity level and not more because everybody should understand it. From a designer perspective, I think we have around 100 designer licenses. We would like to have a difference between a designer from the business and somebody from my team because they now have access to everything with the designer license, and that does not work if you are in a large organization.

You cannot ask a business or a person to use ARIS. It's not possible. Sometimes, if you navigate through the process flow in ARIS, you do not remember at a certain point where you started. It is not easy to come back to that point. I sometimes say that the process models in ARIS are three dimensional. That is too much for our normal thinking process, so you get lost.

It did not take long to get this product up and running. I would say we did two or three really intense workshops with one of the Signavio guys going through the configuration and general settings. Then we went through it as a team and decided on this. It was really quick. It took us more to determine what the content would be and how we wanted to start. We created a process house. That was more an issue of how to start from a content perspective.

We also discussed how we can explain the use case for Signavio but it's really just that the people use it. We actually have around 5,000 process models in the tool and we only started with the real usage of the tool at the beginning of the year. They really use it in their projects to maintain the processes. It is the best indicator that there is a good investment if you have a lot of users, especially if they also create data in the tool.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Signavio an eight out of ten. It's very user-orientated, which is why I gave it a high rating, even if it is not perfect in every corner. If you create your product with happy users, then you have done a lot of things right.