SnapLogic Review

Simple to use and scalable but isn't ideal for complex processing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for integrating different applications. It's very flexible and we can use it as either a database or just a set of cloud-based applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Creation of re-usabe components,ease of use and hybrid integration (Groundplex and Cloud) makes Snaplogic a better player in the market.

What is most valuable?

We're able to use the solution as a hybrid deployment. It's one of the solution's main advantages. You can also have multiple applications connected.

We can integrate multiple solutions, including Jira.

We have a semantic layer and are able to pull all the data from different applications using APIs.

The solution is easy to implement and easy to use. It's basically just drag and drop.

The user interface is very simple. It's easy for anyone to pick up and adopt.

What needs improvement?

The solution isn't ideal for complex processing or logic. We use another solution for that.

I'm not sure if this solution can integrate with Docker, but if it can't they should work to make this possible as Docker makes it easy to get huge amounts of data and has very good policies.

I've been using the solution for six months.

The stability of the solution is very good. It's why we are using it. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches that would make us concerned that the solution isn't stable.

The scalability is good, but it's much more scalable on the cloud. It's plug and play and is usable as soon as we move and upload our data. It may take a bit of configuration, but it's definitely scalable with a few easy adjustments.

We've never contacted technical support. Our company is able to manage issues internally and has team members that troubleshoot problems.

We do also use Informatica, and if we need to do complex processing or logic, including machine logic, we use that instead of SnapLogic. Combining these two tools creates quite an advantage for us. SnapLogic has a lot of reusable components in the pipeline and integrating the two together makes for a quite scalable solution.

The initial setup of the solution is very easy. We didn't find any complexities.

We have CSV leaders and have continuous integration for continuous deployment. We put all of our pipelines into the central system and go into production.

The time it takes to deploy the solution depends on the company. The volume of data, latency, or other factors will dictate the amount of time it will take.

We have our own in-house team that handles the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution on a daily basis.

I'd advise other companies that if it's combined with other tools it will make for a very strong solution.

I'd recommend the product. We already have clients on it and many of our team members have tested it.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten overall, simply because, as a solution, it's still growing. It's not mature yet. If it had simpler logic processing, I'd probably bump it up to an eight. It's easy to use, scalable and reusable and it's overall a great product.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
More SnapLogic reviews from users
...who compared it with Oracle Integration Cloud Service
Learn what your peers think about SnapLogic. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.