Symantec Messaging Gateway Review

User-friendly, easy to set up, and the malware database is extensive

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is the protection of email. We are linked to Microsoft Office 365 and all of our emails, inbound or outbound, are processed through Symantec.

What is most valuable?

The main thing that I appreciate about this product is that the database of spam, malware, and ransomware is very large. The database capabilities are top-notch.

The level of operation is very good.

The cloud-based interface is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

This product would benefit from better integration with Symantec Endpoint Protection. As it is now, these tools work independently and they do not synchronize between themselves. For this reason, the security benefits go down slightly. When things such as email, spam filters, and endpoint protection are synchronized, the security is enhanced.

I have been using the Symantec Messaging Gateway for about one and a half years.

This is a stable product. We receive thousands of emails on a daily basis and it is responsible for filtering those both incoming and outgoing.

Scaling usage is very easy to do. We have 150 users in the company.

The technical support is good and we have no issues with them. There is an additional charge for support but we are satisfied with it, and everything comes with a cost at the end of the day.

This is the only email security product that we have used.

The initial setup is a very easy process. It is step-by-step and not complicated at all. It takes about half an hour to deploy.

Once installed, it is automatically updated so we are always using the latest version.

Our in-house team was responsible for deployment.

A subscription for technical support costs extra.

We continuously compare the performance of this product to others, such as a similar solution by Barracuda Systems. The Symantec solution really stands out in terms of how people rate it.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend using the Symantec Messaging Gateway.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More Symantec Messaging Gateway reviews from users