SysAid Review

An ITIL-based service management system with powerful customisation features

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is to manage the facility services and the IT services in a higher education organisation. After evaluating other solutions and referring to the success story in the home university, the SysAid came out to the best for my needs.

How has it helped my organization?

SysAid provides a unified queue to manage everything of IT service desk, such as all incidents, requests, changes, problems, projects. Not only does each IT staff explicitly conduct the assigned tasks to themselves, but the whole team have a better understanding of how to collaborate. It is very easy to prioritise different events or requests and make us deal with our daily job more efficiently. The system has improved our average resolving time for our customers.

What is most valuable?

I find the most valuable feature is that I can customize according to my needs. I can change nearly everything within the system from the front-end to the back-end of the integration to the managers. These fields you display to our end users, they will see the different categories. Also, there are columns on the online form when they submit an instance or request. I can customize all of this.

Through the BI Analytics module in SysAid, I can quickly gain insights into daily operation. Although the system can monitor each IT staff's performance, more importantly, it shows vital points for intervention in the matter of service quality.

What needs improvement?

The module of Knowledgebase should be definitely improved in the consideration of the impossibility of referring an article to a ticket. Also, the vendor should consider improving the obsolete admin portal.

Running data on this system is very stable. We also get this system on the cloud, so we do not have to set up a server in our data centre.

I have not experienced issues with scalability. We have about 700 users using this system, which includes all students and staff members.

Tech support is very efficient. We have a contract with the tech support team. We always receive a response within three hours of our request. They provide 24/7 support.

We previously used an open-source solution called Spiceworks. It is good for managing only one service desk, but cannot work for multiple service teams in a different business area.

The SysAid team provided excellent service to implement the solution for us. From the very first day, we received an account manager, and a project manager, to implement the product. They continued to inquire about our business needs and then finalized the best path for us. They were patient and answered all of our questions. With this process, we could easily become familiar with SysAid and use it in a steady approach. I would give it five out of five stars for this service alone!

The solution was implemented by SysAid team.

The pricing of SysAid is less than its competitors. Our licensing agreement is a good one. We received a nice discount.

We looked at SupportWorks, Service Now and Remedy, but we went with SysAid. We noticed a huge price difference between those solutions and SysAid.

What other advice do I have?

This system is quite powerful, but there is a learning curve for administrators.