TeamViewer Review

A Linux version would be good but you will never want to use another remote service product again.

What is most valuable?

One of the functional capabilities for TeamViewer is that it is able to bypass any corporate firewall (using the standard internet port 80, and port 443) that enables us to provide off-site IT service and support when our corporate travelers are out of the office/town, and when they need IT assistance. Whatever location they are in, as long as they have internet access, we are able to provide the necessary IT services and support by connecting remotely to their machines.

How has it helped my organization?

Once, our company president was unable to launch his email on his notebook during one of his business trips. When the IT help-desk received his call (in the middle of the night), the help-desk personnel were able to resolve the problem in less than two minutes through the use of the TeamViewer host being installed on his notebook in the first place. Our company president was very impressed by the immediate resolution and was very satisfied with it.

What needs improvement?

A Linux version would be great as well.

I started off evaluating TeamViewer 7 as a trial solution for the company, in order to resolve issues with the long distance remote IT service and support.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

I have never ever had to call the TeamViewer customer service hotline because the product is a very simple piece of software to use.

I have never ever had to call the TeamViewer technical hotline because the product is a very simple piece of software to use.

We used VNC software for remote support within office premises, but as the business requirement changed, we had to make the change from VNC to TeamViewer.

It's as simple as A-B-C as the full version and host version are very simple to install. Even a non IT person would be able to install it onto a computer through the simple user-interface screen guide.

The implementation was done by an in-house team.

The costs of the licenses are huge. Therefore, for a small size business company with less than 250 users in Asia, the ROI will take a long time to recover.

We projected to purchase the licenses for the IT team to have the full-version while the rest of the users would only have the host version. In the end, we purchased five user licenses for the full version.

No other options were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

To date, I have seen the growth of TeamViewer grow from strength to strength for other capabilities such as Mac, mobile device support, whiteboard tools, on-line meetings session. Once you use it, you will never want to use another remote service product again.