TeamViewer Overview

TeamViewer is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Virtual Meetings tools. It is most often compared to TeamViewer Tensor: TeamViewer vs TeamViewer Tensor

What is TeamViewer?
TeamViewer lets you connect to any PC or server around the world within a few seconds. Remote control a partners PC as if you were sitting in front of it. Available in over 30 languages, TeamViewer is one of the world's most popular providers of remote control and online meeting software. airbackup, a powerful cloud-based backup solution, and ITbrain, a valuable remote monitoring and IT asset tracking solution, complement TeamViewer's product portfolio.
TeamViewer Buyer's Guide

Download the TeamViewer Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

TeamViewer Customers
Porsche Informatik, Philips, DHL, Intel, Motorola, Microsoft, IBM, Siemens, Fujitsu, American Red Cross
TeamViewer Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about TeamViewer pricing:
  • "TeamViewer is $600 or $700 per port per year..."
  • "...it will cost you $1,500 to $1,600 a year, but when I think of how much work I do through TeamViewer..."
  • "The cost is in the thousands of dollars per year."
  • "We have a corporate license. The maximum amount number of users changes based on the amount you pay. E.g., with our license, there is a maximum amount of users who can use the solution at the same time (10 users)."
  • "We have an annual subscription that is just under $1,900 with no additional costs. We get these promotions about upgrades and stuff like that, but we haven't had a need to add more seats. Users can also use TeamViewer for home use with a non-commercial free license."
  • "It does what I need it to do but I think it's expensive. It wasn't easy for me to get approval from the company to get it... It's costing us about $700 a year, per license."
  • "It has probably saved us several thousands of dollars because we have quick access anywhere. We don't have to worry about finding people onsite or arranging conference calls. We also save time and money with it because we don't have to send somebody onsite to troubleshoot."
  • "TeamViewer offers a free version to try. Download and give it a shot. See what it's like and if you like it, then buy the license for it."
  • "TeamViewer was willing to give us a one-year package. Whereas, a lot of the other companies that we explored were paid by the month or quarter. It's just easier for our finance people at the college if we can make a one-time yearly payment."
  • "TeamViewer has multiple licensing options."

JeffreyUrdan
CFO/COO at swyMed Incorporated
Allows us to access our devices on somebody else's network under their supervision, allaying security concerns

What is our primary use case?

We use TeamViewer's infrastructure. We have TeamViewer host clients running on devices, some wired in offices, some connected to WiFi or even cellular, and we use it to get quick access to the devices for technical support. The other use case, which is a little bit weird, is that all of our clients are in healthcare so they are very particular about who gets into their network and who has access to their network. What we've found is that when a client has our company's software on one of the servers in their network, sometimes they don't want to give us access to their network to maintain our… more »

• "The TeamViewer system has some built-in security. The TeamViewer client connects to the TeamViewer host securely. Only a certain number of authorized users on our side have access to the system. Even within that, an individual endpoint can be assigned to a group, where not everybody has access but, rather, just one or two people who are part of a support team might have access to that particular device. So TeamViewer has given us tools to be able to segregate who has access to different things."
  • "Sometimes we'll have a device in the field, and I'll click on remote control and it says "Can't authenticate." I'll double click in a different part of the TeamViewer interface and it'll say "Can't authenticate." Then I'll do it a third time and it connects. It's possible that it's just bad luck. It's also very possible that it's some bug within TeamViewer..."

What other advice do I have?

If somebody asks me what I recommend for remote support, I always recommend TeamViewer. If they say, "I use LogMeIn, and I love it," I wouldn't be surprised. I've been a user of LogMeIn's remote support, and it seems like a pretty effective and easy-to-use tool. I'm sure the market is big enough for more than two players, but we're pretty comfortably ensconced with TeamViewer as our solution. Do it. It's outstanding. It's very simple. We love it. TeamViewer has a lot of additional features. They do audio and even video chat through TeamViewer. They do patch management, asset control, and all…
Rich Mayo
Owner at Sensible Solutions Inc.
Automatically prompts me for session details when done, which can be automatically turned into invoices

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for TeamViewer is all of my remote support. I use it throughout the organization for remotely supporting my accounting customers. I have a number of clients who use different ERP systems that I support and I use TeamViewer to connect to their computers, resolve issues, do work after hours, and provide remote training, etc. I don't use a lot of any of their managed alerts or any of that kind of thing cause I'm on the intersection between IT and finance. But I'm definitely using it quite frequently, and I'm using it to generate billing as well through the TeamViewer logs. I… more »

• "Ease of use was the number-one thing. It's an industry leader for ease of use, specifically on the client-side, which is the absolutely critical thing. If I want to connect to somebody, how easily can I — without seeing their computer — walk them through the steps to install it to a point where I can key in the code and help them resolve their situation?... TeamViewer is just a dead-solid, easy answer."
  • "Every now and then you'll get a silent crash and you relaunch the application. But it happens no more than with anything else in the Windows environment."

What other advice do I have?

The biggest lesson that I've learned from using TeamViewer is probably the ROI lesson. I used to work for another company and I ended up buying the client list from them. There was not a lot of remote support happening at the time. In fact, I helped them usher in the remote support era, but they were still very much on a drive-out-to-the-client paradigm. It used to drive the boss crazy when he'd see me sitting in the office a lot. He always thought sitting in the office was a bad thing. Then he looked at the billings and found my billings were way higher than anybody else's. He would ask, "Why…
Learn what your peers think about TeamViewer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
521,189 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Felician (Felix)Farcutiu
Technical Support for Commercial Theater Division at a media company with 51-200 employees
We save dozens of hours a week utilizing this solution

What is our primary use case?

We are in the commercial cinema theater business, like movies. We have things like simulators, advertising in commercial theaters all over the world. They sometimes have technical issues. So, we connect to see what is going on. We use TeamViewer on computers, like laptops and servers. We also have tablets, but only one or two. Whereas, we have like 1,000 Windows Servers.

• "With an image, you can see immediately what's going on. You can run some tests. Without the solution, you need to do everything by telephone. It's not even thinkable."
  • "A feature that they could add is chat with sound to talk."

What other advice do I have?

It is a great, amazing tool. All companies needs to have it. It's secure, fast, and reliable. In the beginning, you need to understand the features, e.g., what a button does. Once you get all of that, it's very easy to use. I'm a heavy consumer of TeamViewer, a sort of professional of it, so I know all the features. But, even for somebody seeing it for the first time, it is very easy to use.
StephenDay
IT Director at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Convenient, easy to use, and can connect using the Internet

What is our primary use case?

The use case is mainly PC and laptop support for our internal staff, where TeamViewer is distributed locally through Group Policy. Occasionally, we will use it to assist clients having trouble with our services, and in those cases, we will send them a customized linked invitation through TeamViewer.

• "It's very beneficial and time effective on how we are able to provide quick support. We've quadrupled our effectiveness as an IT support because we have cut down all that unnecessary travel time, even between floors."
  • "Some of the additional features, like the meeting stuff, is making it too cluttered."

What other advice do I have?

Originally, the initial knee jerk reaction is if there is trouble, you run over there to help. That was almost an expectation of the users too. You have to change the culture a little. Once you have the hang of it, you realize how much more quickly and effective you are in providing support than the way you used to do it. Breaking old habits to become more effective was something that many of us had to learn in the very beginning because we were not used to being remote. Now, it's still personal, but in a different way. Set up your platforms where you have it all deployed completely, so people…
TB
GIS Developer at a transportation company with 11-50 employees
Excels when I want to take control of a remote computer

What is our primary use case?

We use it for interacting with other employees. They'll have TeamViewer, but they're working from home in another state. We link up our computers and, that way, it's almost like we're sitting next to each other. We can see what the other is doing on his computer. We do use the technical support mode sometimes, which is the same thing as collaboration. You just log in to somebody's computer and fix that computer remotely.

• "The best feature is the remote access and being able to control another person's computer when you're showing them something, or teaching them how to do something during training, or fixing a problem they're having."

What other advice do I have?

The biggest thing I've learned from using TeamViewer is that you shouldn't spend a whole lot of time trying to find other products to save a little bit of money, when you already have a product that you know is working great. Don't waste your time. Get the product you know is working well, one you have confidence in and a little bit of experience in. Don't try to cut corners. I spend a lot of time trying to find other products because the company doesn't want to spend a few thousand dollars for just me and one other person, but when the IT person got on, then he was able to get them to use it…
    Jason Miller
    Application Engineer at AirTies
    Can provide access anywhere and remotely show what is on the desktop of a target machine

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is getting access to various test machines from one location. AirTies makes smart WiFi technology which end up in people's homes. I set it up in a house with WiFi devices. We test our Extenders and gateways with a bunch of clients using TeamViewer. I can access the clients to view the data being collected or what's connecting to wired ports. I do this locally, and sometimes, I access the home office in Istanbul. It is used on a mix of Mac and Windows machines. Even though we have Android and iOS devices to test for WiFi devices, we haven't put TeamViewer on them yet. We… more »

• "There have been a couple of times with the handy remote access feature, where I have been asked for something at eight o'clock on a Thursday evening and it is on my desk machine, but I am driving back to my office. With TeamViewer, I can just stay at my home machine, connect to my work machine, and get the data needed without having to drive back across town."
    • "On occasion, when remote connection process can't connect to a machine, the error messages aren't always helpful to tell you why you can't connect, as the message doesn't help troubleshoot whether it is too slow, too much interference, etc. I usually have to run to another computer and figure out what is going on, then restart it. The diagnostics could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

Test it out and see if it meets your needs. It's awesome. Nothing else compares to it at the same level. Biggest lesson learnt: There are tools available which don't cost too much and can improve productivity. They can make it so you don't have to travel so much. We haven't done any 5G stuff yet. All our stuff is done WiFi locally.
    CB
    Maintenance Supervisor at Atlanta Metropolitan State College
    One of the easiest solutions to pick up: easy to use, deploy, and adopt

What is our primary use case?

We're using TeamViewer at the college to be able to remote in. My boss and I are the two main users. We've used it to remote into our desktops so we can monitor the HVAC program at the college, access control, etc. Plus, if we need to grab files, or something, off of our personal computers at work, we can. My boss and I both have TeamVeamer installed on PCs at the campus. We have the app on our mobile phones. I have it on my personal laptop at home along with my tablet at home. We remote into PCs at the campus, and one of those PCs is used as a server. We are using the latest version. We are… more »

• "TeamViewer has been one of the easiest, right off the bat products, that we have employed at the college. We have had no issues. It's been one of the easiest solutions to pick up."
    • "Sometimes, the app can be a little cumbersome when accessing certain aspects of the program."

What other advice do I have?

The solution is definitely a 10 (out of a 10). TeamViewer has been one of the easiest, right off the bat products, that we have employed at the college. We have had no issues. It's been one of the easiest solutions to pick up.
    TA
    Windows Server Administrator
    Significantly increased our productivity, making it easy to access and troubleshoot remote sites

What is our primary use case?

It allows us to access some of our remote sites, especially if we're having internal issues such as a VPN tunnel dropped from site-to-site. We can still connect to the local machines at the different offices as long as we still have an internet connection, and we can log in and troubleshoot networking issues remotely. TeamViewer is installed specifically on our desktop machines. We do also use some laptops that are on Windows 10, and there are a couple of Mac OS X machines we've used to remotely connect.

• "We also use it a lot for remote site assistance. We've set up our internal authentication for unattended access to our remote sites. That makes it very easy and convenient to remotely connect with our users and our client machines whenever we need to. It's set as a direct, secure connection. As long as the station has internet access, we can see it and it makes remote support very simple."
    • "It's not the program itself that's an issue, but there is a need for some better documentation on how to use the web portal Management Console. That seems to be a bit lacking in directions, if you aren't paying attention and you don't know what to do. Better documentation would make it a little bit easier to set things up in different groups and share groups between people."

What other advice do I have?

The product is simple to set up and install and use.
    See 4 more TeamViewer Reviews