TeamViewer Review

ITBrain monitoring lets me track hard disk space, processor usage and lots more.

What is most valuable?

• The new two-factor authentication is a very good addition to security.
  • ITBrain monitoring, which lets me track hard disk space, processor usage and lots more.
  • Adding custom logos is a nice feature too, especially for IT companies that provide services to customers.

How has it helped my organization?

We don't use it in my current workplace. However, I proposed it for consideration in the budget, because of the highly centralised way it works.

What needs improvement?

They really need an AMT client and/or iLO client for business use. Big companies would love it.

I have used it for almost five years (personal use).

I have not encountered any stability issues at all. It’s by far the most stable remote software I’ve tested, except for RDP.

I’ve seen it run and connect to a small 500-1000 end-devices company without a problem. At a higher level, I’m not sure, but it’s promising. I’m sure they have some big names in their portfolio.

I’ve never had the chance to talk to technical support.

It’s the other way around now: We have a different solution and we want to switch to TeamViewer.

All the installers are easy to use and also not too hard to deploy silently.

The licensing is pretty straightforward: number of devices and number of remote administrators.

I also looked at Bomgar, LogMeIn, Radmin and DameWare; also at open-source options like VNC and RDC.

What other advice do I have?

Talk to the sales person and ask all the questions you have. Make sure it is the right solution for you before you strike a deal.

More TeamViewer reviews from users