Teamviewer

TeamViewer Review
The most important feature is remote access.

Valuable Features:

I only use TeamViewer for troubleshooting methods when the students or staff members are unable to come to the IT desk.

• The most important aspect of the software is remote access
  • Helps alleviate confusion with directions over the phone
  • Security: The user can input their credentials, personal information such as usernames, passwords, and secure payment methods without the risk of the IT personnel using it maliciously.

Improvements to My Organization:

This software is a lifesaver for distant and commuter students who cannot physically be on campus. As a school's main IT support center, we use this software constantly. Many students keep the program on their desktops so it is easy to remotely connect to their devices.

Room for Improvement:

Unfortunately, the software is hit or miss when it comes to iOS devices, especially Macs. It seems that the new updates may have included better iOS supported drivers. However, when we used the software, it only worked a handful of times.

Use of Solution:

I have used this software from September-May of the 2015-2016 school year at Stevens. We still use the software to remotely connect into domain computers and laptops on our wireless network.

Stability Issues:

Overall, we did not encounter stability issues. For the most part, TeamViewer is a headache reliever. Even though the connection between the two devices may drop every once and a while, it is primarily successful.

Scalability Issues:

There have been no issues with scalability.

Initial Setup:

It was very simple to set up on both the IT and the student side. We have a link to the main TeamViewer website in our university portal that gives straightforward instructions on how to install the software properly.

Other Advice:

Use this product. It is so easy to use and it makes students and staff happy. Older staff and professors are amazed that I can control their machines remotely, almost like a wizard.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About TeamViewer?

Our experts can help. 228,876 professionals have used our research on 5,836 solutions.