Visio Review

It is a robust tool for quick mapping. It is not user friendly when it comes to handling large number of processes.

What is most valuable?

Every aspect of it is highly valuable.

What needs improvement?

• Template creation
  • Process conversion to SOP
  • Ability to enter thorough details for each activity that can be expanded for reading
  • Ability to create/define roles and functions and re-use them in all processes
  • Ability to establish hierarchy for related processes

I have been using Visio for almost 10 years.

Surprisingly, I have not encountered any stability issues.

We did evaluate other products, but I don’t remember the names at this stage.

What other advice do I have?

Microsoft Visio is a robust tool for quick mapping. However, it is not user friendly when it comes to handling large number of processes. The details that can be entered into the activities are limited. There is no option to create/define roles and functions as well as their hierarchy. Also, there is no option to enter control notes (other than the simple note tool). Also, there is no option to extract the process as a Word document. There is no option to convert the process flow into an SOP format. Creating custom templates within company’s brand specifications is difficult as well.

More Visio reviews from users
...who compared it with ARIS BPA
Learn what your peers think about Visio. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.