Zendesk Review

Valuable Features:

Zendesk is very easy to setup and its processes are intuitive. Agents can learn to use the interface within a very short time-frame. The feature that stands out for me, is the ability to create your own apps for Zendesk. I hardly ever feel limited by the framework and can add individual functionality.

Improvements to My Organization:

Working with different companies, I found, that Zendesk helped to  improve a lot of the existing workflows. It even forces you to rethink lots of the existing structures. The outcome: Better workflows, more control, a better understanding of reports and numbers in general.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see more freedom when creating "Triggers" and "Automations". While the system is intuitive, I would like to be able to script these processes, rather than using the more limited drag and drop system.

Use of Solution:

I am a Zendesk customer/user. I work as a consultant for different companies all over the world. I usually suggest using Zendesk.

Other Advice:

When implementing Zendesk, make sure to understand the way Zendesk works in the first place. Plan ahead: What channels will be used? What kind of ticket views will be needed? Will there be different types of agents? Do we need to add functionality via apps? Once you answered all the necessary questions, make sure to create a small plan with focus on scalability.