Zendesk Review

I managed to whip up a temporary support platform within a day, and got it officially implemented and signed off within a month.

What is most valuable?

Ease of use and simplicity (for both users and support agents). It was an absolute breeze to set up and quickly implement into our workflow. It didn’t require a large hosting infrastructure on our side, and the support team was always on the ball.

How has it helped my organization?

We had struggled with our existing support ticketing system for years due to expense, constant downtime, and excruciatingly poor performance. I discovered Zendesk by chance, managed to whip up a temporary support platform within a day, and got it officially implemented and signed off within a month. We managed to prove cost savings instantly and our users actually enjoyed using it.

What needs improvement?

There are some edge cases where the simplicity of the platform prevented some unusual workflows, but we worked around it without much hassle. I disliked that the reporting was very basic (but the free GoodData integration went a long way to alleviate that)

We've been using it for four years.

There were no issues with the deployment.

We have had no issues with the stability.

We had no issues with scaling it for our needs.

It's excellent.

We used two different solutions, both quite elaborate and expensive. They required enormous infrastructure and still performed pathetically poorly. Users hated using the system Our support consultants hated the system as updating a support ticket could take five minutes or longer, just going between fields. We couldn’t get users to provide after-the-fact support feedback.

The initial setup was incredibly simple. Choose your integration method (we used Google, so it was even simpler), set up your fields and workflow, and it’s running.

In-house (myself). It really was quite simple to do. I viewed a few videos, tried the incredibly simple trial, and went from there.

The ROI was quite noticeable. Ever when writing off the previous system, Zendesk’s annual license fee for the same number of users (even a few extra) still came out more affordable. Once you factor in the productivity increase, it was a no-brainer for us. The sales team where also quite accommodating in terms of licensing and advice. There are different types of user licensing, and we could leverage this easily.

What other advice do I have?

Users took about one or two days to get to know the new way of call logging, and we were running on full steam within a week. When the system did go down for a couple of hours (probably three times in two years) it was noticeable, but only because we relied on it so heavily. Definitely take the trial and set up a mock environment. It’s really worth it.