F5 Advanced WAF Competitors and Alternatives
Read reviews of F5 Advanced WAF competitors and alternatives
Security Engineer at a tech services company
Sep 23, 2019
Gives an understanding of what is happening on your site and any attempts on your source
What is our primary use case?We use this as public cloud and a virtual appliance based on Azure Cloud.
Pros and Cons
- "It's very simple and predictable, because Barracuda provides a vision of the current state of your application. It gives you an understanding of what is happening on your site and any attempts against you at your source. This is the main value that Web Application Firewall provides our company. These aspects are also the main reason for this documentation process."
- "I think the main area for improvement in this product is learning it, as can be seen when comparing it to the F5 web application firewall. F5 has a very powerful learning phase when you start using your web application firewall against your site. Barracuda has something like this, but not with the same functionality from my point of view."
What other advice do I have?The biggest lesson I learned is that our site is attacked every day. I would recommend Barracuda, but this recommendation is based on our particular case. For some cases this solution is good, but for some cases it's not. It's very hard to answer directly because of all the aspects that should be taken into account when you try to answer this question. I would rate it as eight out of ten.
Chief Technology Officer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Jan 29, 2020
A stable system with good security and load balancing
What is our primary use case?We use WAF as part of our security solution, protecting applications such as internet banking. It is used both as a web application firewall and for load balancing.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable feature is that I can establish different services from the firewall."
- "The configuration needs to be more flexible because it is difficult to do things that are outside of the ordinary."
What other advice do I have?My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to plan well. You have to make sure that you plan ahead and know what it is that you want to achieve, then gather all of the relevant information. Otherwise, if you start to configure it and then find out that you don't have the right application server, or the right policy, or the proper certificate to install and configure it, then the installation will be very long. On the other hand, if the plan is very good and you have all of the details in advance, along with the right people to test it, then it should be straightforward. I…
System Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Jul 11, 2019
Good pricing, and provides for faster and more secure application deployment
What is our primary use case?I primarily use this solution for the protection of our applications. We chose Fortinet because you can check an application and deploy it in real time. We use the WAF solution from Fortinet to protect against new exploits discovered. Within Fortinet, there is a way to secure such bugs and exploits in the application we're running.
Pros and Cons
- "The most valuable feature in this solution is the ability to disseminate between the user entering some wrong value to the field, and a suspicious actor trying to exploit some known vulnerability."
- "We would like to know more about the integration with the hardware or security products, such as Gemalto, because we need to move to that point."
What other advice do I have?The interface has been a pain in the past but now with the later version, 2.2, the user behavior analysis has improved. Before when you want to deploy an application, for example, you needed to have a login page and make sure to search for the user behavior and all the interactions. That way, you could generate flexible usage for that application. Now that's automated, so apart from that, there's no huge report or feature that we would like to improve. I would rate this product a ten out of ten.
Digital Transformation Division Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Jul 14, 2019
Runs behind the scenes, in the background and keeps everything running smoothly
What is our primary use case?Our primary use case is to provide security and ensure the viability of our services.
Pros and Cons
- "The web application firewall which protects our services on the internet, and then of course services like our ability to provide high availability for the services we are offering are the most valuable features."
- "The user interface could be more friendly. Some wizards and other documentation for administrators, as well as some use cases, helps us to understand the solution."
What other advice do I have?It's always a really good idea to do a POC. There are companies that are not convinced as to why should they should use something, but a POC is a good way to show why. The quality of the service is higher, simply, and that's what you need. So that's why we are using the solution. Also, there are lots of securities that integrate with the solution, so it's good. You can very easily find a way for almost every customer to use it. I would rate this solution as a 9 out of 10. The performance is very good. The price is also good. You get performance, and lots of features which are very flexible…
CTO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Real UserTop 20
Sep 30, 2020
It is easy to deploy, manage, and expand
Pros and Cons
- "Its inline transferring mode is the most valuable because it is 100% transparent. When you change the IP, there is no change on the network side. If you can't and want to try to reach an IP, you can reach the server IP. There are many other advanced security features in it. The smallest appliances of Imperva can handle the highest traffic at a customer site. For example, a smaller appliance from Imperva can provide you the same security as an F5 product."
- "They can provide an option to create reports, automatically import the entire report, and create rules again. In a real-life crisis, it would be helpful to be able to import a report and generate security rules from that report. I should be able to create a simple query and import the reports automatically. It can maybe also tell us the format of the report."