TeamViewer Overview

TeamViewer is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Virtual Meetings tools. It is most often compared to Zoom: TeamViewer vs Zoom

What is TeamViewer?
TeamViewer lets you connect to any PC or server around the world within a few seconds. Remote control a partners PC as if you were sitting in front of it. Available in over 30 languages, TeamViewer is one of the world's most popular providers of remote control and online meeting software. airbackup, a powerful cloud-based backup solution, and ITbrain, a valuable remote monitoring and IT asset tracking solution, complement TeamViewer's product portfolio.
TeamViewer Buyer's Guide

Download the TeamViewer Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2020

TeamViewer Customers
Porsche Informatik, Philips, DHL, Intel, Motorola, Microsoft, IBM, Siemens, Fujitsu, American Red Cross
TeamViewer Video

TeamViewer Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Joe Millon
Executive Director at netCorps
User
Aug 13, 2018
Used for ad hoc remote support of individuals. The business interface is clunky.

What is our primary use case?

IT help desk support for nonprofit organization of 200 computers. We purchased the product pre-installed with the TV in unattended access mode. We also use it for ad hoc remote support of individuals, primarily using TeamViewer QS.

How has it helped my organization?

Our computers are spread amongst six physical locations. TeamViewer reduces the need to travel to those offices to help staff.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is you do not need to know the Windows username and password to connect and see the staff screen.

What needs improvement?

The business interface is clunky and not well-documented.  It should have ability to display notes in the computer list.

More than five years.
it_user723996
Associate General Counsel at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 23, 2018
​Very easy to setup. Computer novices can install it.

What is our primary use case?

I use it to train remote employees on the database and to troubleshoot their computer for them

What other advice do I have?

Try the free version to evaluate. I am sure you will be satisfied.
Learn what your peers think about TeamViewer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
455,536 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user560283
Engineering Aide at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 22, 2017
The most important feature is remote access.

What other advice do I have?

Use this product. It is so easy to use and it makes students and staff happy. Older staff and professors are amazed that I can control their machines remotely, almost like a wizard.
it_user560280
Technical Support Specialist at a tech company with 501-1,000 employees
Mar 21, 2017
I can gain remote access and help customers. I had an issue where my mouse clicks weren’t being registered.

What other advice do I have?

It’s pretty dependable and very easy to use. I would recommend it to any IT professional who needs remote access to customer computers.
it_user550149
Application Support Engineer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Mar 10, 2017
Enables me to connect to the machine of another user and see what that person sees.
Evrard Armel N'chott
IT Support Administrator for Amsterdam & UK offices at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Feb 27, 2017
Allows us to support users remotely.

What is most valuable?

No configuration required; it starts quickly and is easy to use. High security. International (more than 30 languages). Multi-platform (PC, mobile phones, etc.).

How has it helped my organization?

Users can be easily supported remotely.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to see TeamViewer load screens faster.

I have used this product since 2009.

I would rate technical support as 8/10.

I’m using two solutions due to company policies.

The initial configuration is very simple. There is no need to be computer literate to do it.

it_user373110
IT Support and Development at a local government with 51-200 employees
Feb 23, 2017
Remote access software enabling troubleshooting regardless of location.

What other advice do I have?

From a cost perspective, it's a great buy.
it_user139257
Director at Morpheus Technologies Ltd
Sep 14, 2016
Two of us use it to manage about 500 machines.

What other advice do I have?

Test it first and determine whether it’s the right technical product for your company, then evaluate your cost options and if they agree, go for it.
it_user70725
CEO with 51-200 employees
Sep 14, 2016
It does not require firewall or port configuration. I'd like an easier way to share and combine contact lists.

What other advice do I have?

Get the license that suits your needs and causes the least conflict with their clients when new versions are released.
it_user285243
Network Technician at a maritime company with 10,001+ employees
Sep 11, 2016
ITBrain monitoring lets me track hard disk space, processor usage and lots more.

What other advice do I have?

Talk to the sales person and ask all the questions you have. Make sure it is the right solution for you before you strike a deal.
it_user450447
Web Administrator at a sports company with 51-200 employees
Sep 1, 2016
It’s primary function of RDP is the product’s most valuable feature.

What other advice do I have?

Depending on usage, one thing to watch for is the shared clipboard feature. It is nice to have the ability to share the clipboard between machines. However, it also shares it among all the users connected to the same machines. So, in our case, we’d have 4-8 different users connected randomly to different machines. And the clipboards would sometime transfer from user to another. So something that was copied from one user was pasted into another user’s work (can be both frustrating and comical at times). It is possible to lose connectivity due to external issues, so that might be something to…
it_user494088
Server and Applications Specialist at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Aug 31, 2016
You can save remote machines to your account. Once logged in to the product, all saved machines are just a double-click away. It times out; I would like it to not time out at all.
it_user305868
Computer Repair at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
Aug 31, 2016
It has a chat module, so you don’t have to use an external chat facility.

What other advice do I have?

For both personal and commercial use, if you are looking for ease of use and flexibility, TeamViewer is a good choice.
it_user293568
Project Manager - IT Infrastructure team at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 31, 2016
It helps us assist non-native English speaking remote users. Someone can connect directly to their PC and help them, without having to translate on the phone or by email.

What other advice do I have?

Try it on your personal PC as a personal free licence first.
it_user494841
Technical Service Analyst at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 30, 2016
It provides easy access to large files than cannot be sent via email.

What other advice do I have?

I would happily recommend this product for both personal and commercial reasons because of its price and also because of its ease of use.
it_user493536
IT Operations Manager at a real estate/law firm with 501-1,000 employees
Aug 30, 2016
Enables us to connect to and control remote PCs across various NAT and firewall barriers.

What other advice do I have?

I'd say consider TeamViewer if your company has several geographically separate branch offices. If you're primarily supporting systems in a single building, I think more cost-effective solutions are available. But of course, go with what works best for your given network setup.
it_user493527
Business Analyst at a tech company with 501-1,000 employees
Aug 30, 2016
It reconnects automatically when there are connection issues.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product.
it_user446244
Analist / developer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Aug 30, 2016
You can have more than one active session to control a PC and a smart-phone of the same user at the same time.
it_user450627
Desktop Support Technician at a marketing services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aug 28, 2016
Wide support of platforms allows for a single solution.

Valuable Features:

Cross platform compatibility File exchange Remote control

Improvements to My Organization:

Saves travel time.  Wide support of platforms allows for a single solution.

Room for Improvement:

Full integration of computer's user account system.  Be able to login using the local computer's credentials rather than setting up a unique Teamviewer account/password. Multiple session support.   Be able to login into the same computer but have multiple sessions for each user. Concurrent login. Speed
it_user457899
IT Admin at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
Aug 28, 2016
The "actions" to send keyboard commands, remote reboot, chat, and the settings are the valuable features.

What other advice do I have?

I would note that if you're working for/from an enterprise standpoint, two imperatives would be to ensure all clients are running the same version. My other advice would be to assign an individual to maintain the "alias" names of all connected systems and/or groups. In the past I have frequently had to go into properties and modify the information. Similarly, I've had issue connecting to users as that information wasn't updated and it slowdowns work if you then have to resolve this first.
it_user457308
IT Manager at a recruiting/HR firm with 51-200 employees
Jun 7, 2016
It has enable me to troubleshoot issues much quicker than trying to talk someone else through things.

What other advice do I have?

Do it, but try the free basic version first.
it_user215685
Regional IT at a maritime company with 501-1,000 employees
Apr 8, 2015
A Linux version would be good but you will never want to use another remote service product again.

What other advice do I have?

To date, I have seen the growth of TeamViewer grow from strength to strength for other capabilities such as Mac, mobile device support, whiteboard tools, on-line meetings session. Once you use it, you will never want to use another remote service product again.
it_user3957
Head of IT with 51-200 employees
May 2, 2013
Free. Good for screen sharing and remote control. Limited video and web conferencing functionality.
Pros: Free Good for screen sharing and remote control Cons: Small video display Requires a client (not very heavy) Basic web conferencing functionality For how long have you used this product? - Just evaluated it for a short period Which features of this product are most valuable to you? - Screenshare, remote control What areas of this product have room for improvement? - Option to view larger video displays, share specific apps, web access Did you encounter any issues with deployment, stability or scalability? - no Did you previously use a different solution and if so, why did you switch? - Used many other online meeting solutions. Will review more. Was the initial setup straightforward or complex? In what ways? - straightforward Did you implement…