TOPdesk Overview

TOPdesk is the #13 ranked solution in our list of top IT Service Management (ITSM) tools. It is most often compared to ServiceNow: TOPdesk vs ServiceNow

What is TOPdesk?
Excellent service management made easy : Happy customers are the goal of every supporting department. We understand. That’s why we’ve created a solution that helps you improve customer communication, manage workflows and keep track of assets. But above all: our software is simple and attractive. This not only makes it pleasant to use, but also quick to adopt. You’re looking to deliver excellent service from day one – and TOPdesk is here to help. TOPdesk delivers one integrated service platform for IT, FM, HR and other Service departments with a build Self Service Portal, asset management, reporting and integration platform( see also our TOPdesk Marketplace for selection of connectors). Some key features include : Call Management, Incident and Service Request Management, Service Catalogue, Asset & Configuration Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Project Management, Operations Management, Reservations Management, Stock & Order Management, Contract Management and SLA's, Survey Management, Self Service Portal, Form designer, Portal designer, Event & Action Management, Knowlegde Base, Report wizards, Resource Management, Barcode, CAD and Exchange integration TOPdesk helps you streamline your ITIL, Agile, Sox, KCS, ASL/BISL, GDPR compliance Result at our global customer base : 98% customer retention rate 99% of our implementations within budget and timeframe 90% up and running within 3 month NPS score of 35 (4500 cusotmers) 98% customer recommondation score 4,7 score at Gartner Peer Insights Our ecosystem consist of : 4500 customers across 45 countries > 300.000 daily users > 15.000.000 supported end-users 40+ partners What makes TOPdesk unique? • ITIL-based modules for all your service needs: from Ticket and Asset Management to Reservations Management • License based on end users or service agents, whateveris best for you • Unlimited number of assets or self service users • Easy to implement: get up and running quickly • Choose between on-premises or SaaS
TOPdesk Buyer's Guide

Download the TOPdesk Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: February 2021

TOPdesk Customers
City of Amsterdam, University of Edinbroughm, IKEA, KLM Catering Services, FloraHolland, BOVAG, PostNL, Total, Hilton, Oce, Canon, Agip, Compass Group, Serco, Danone, BMW, Eneco, And many more.
TOPdesk Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about TOPdesk pricing:
  • "The cost of the solution on a yearly basis is $20,000. Technical support is not extra. It's included in the yearly cost. Updates are also included. The solution is good at keeping its product up to date."
  • "Compared to other products in this segment, I think that they are priced well and not too expensive."

TOPdesk Reviews

reviewer910167
Service Desk Team Leader at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 22, 2020
Helpful asset and reservation management capability, with professional and responsive technical support

What is our primary use case?

We use TOPdesk for asset management, incident management, change management, and configuration management.

• "When it comes to implementing new features, they listen to what their customers want via a suggestion forum that they have."
  • "This solution is modular so you only buy what you need, but I prefer what some companies are doing where they include everything in the package."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to carefully consider the modules that are required. There are some available that they may not need and the price at the end of the day depends on it. As we have moved to an off-premises deployment, we get regular updates. They tend to listen to what their customers want and they try to implement what they can as well. Overall, it is quite good. For example, there is a chat feature that is now being introduced and more features related to workflows for incident management that have been a great help. I would rate this solution a nine…
reviewer1290192
Head of ICT at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 4, 2020
Has some good modules but lacks effective reporting

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the whole ITSM life cycle including incident management, operations management, quality management, change management, service level management and configuration management.

• "Its ITSM approach is quite useful."
  • "The solution's change management could be better."

What other advice do I have?

We're a TOPdesk customer. I'd rate the solution six out of ten. In some fields, it's just not good enough. There are still some improvements that need to be made on the product in order for it to get higher marks.
Find out what your peers are saying about TOPdesk, ServiceNow, Atlassian and others in Help Desk Software. Updated: February 2021.
466,310 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ludo_Van Der Marel
Specialist TOPdesk (SaaS) applicatiebeheer & business consultancy at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Jul 20, 2020
Service management solution with good incident management and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for IT service management in many different companies. I am mainly an application manager, but also an end-user. Most of my experience is with governmental organizations and many service providers.

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the incident management module."
  • "Change management implementation, facility management, and making reservations on assets can be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution mainly because I am experienced in administrating it and I cannot compare it with other products, such as Jira. If you are considering TOPdesk, I would say go for it. Absolutely. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Muriel Niffle
Service Delivery Specialist/Manager at Pragmatic
Sep 4, 2019
Fast and easy to implement, with a well-defined process and interaction

What is our primary use case?

This solution is easy and fast to implement (compare to Snow) and has a cheaper licensing model.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has provided me with a well-defined process and interaction, compared to my previous tool, GLPI.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are SSP and change template.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be improved if you could avoid repeating cards. An operator is also a user but requires creating two different records.

I have been using this solution for one year.