Zendesk Guide Overview

Zendesk Guide is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Knowledge Management Software. It is most often compared to ServiceNow: Zendesk Guide vs ServiceNow

What is Zendesk Guide?

Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. More than 94,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.

Download the Help Desk Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Zendesk Guide Customers

Shopify, Adroll, Redfin, Moo, Foursquare, Modcloth, We Pay, Republic Wireless, Wharton Univeristy of Pennnsylvania

Zendesk Guide Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Consultant en organisation & chargé de mission à l'international at a consultancy
It improves the relationship with my customers.

What is most valuable?

Its agility and simplicity are the most valuable features. This tool is very user-friendly.

How has it helped my organization?

It saves the costs, time and energy. It improves the relationship with my customers.

What needs improvement?

It needs to improve in terms of its flexibility, price, and installation.

I have used this solution for three months.

There were no stability issues.

At the very beginning, we had some scalability issues.

I would give the technical support a 9/10 rating.

it_user628071
Consultant en organisation & chargé de mission à l'international
Some of the valuable features are its agility, simplicity, and that it is a user-friendly product.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us save costs, time, and energy. It improves the relationship with my customers.

What needs improvement?

There are various aspects of this product that need improvement such as its flexibility, price, and installation.

I have used this solution for around three months.

We did encounter some deployment issues due to the complexity of the parameters.

There were no stability issues.

At the very beginning,…
Find out what your peers are saying about Zendesk, ServiceNow, Atlassian and others in Help Desk Software. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user430629
Customer Support/Retail Division at a consumer goods company with 501-1,000 employees
Its set up makes it easier for everyone to use.
Zendesk Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
We are more accurate on multiple channels and we get a lot of data from the system that we can use.

What other advice do I have?

Start a trial or contact a Zendesk partner - you won’t be disappointed!
it_user456531
Risk Analyst at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
We are able to divide the incoming tickets into several different categories and assign them to the appropriate team member.
it_user448350
Contact Center Support Specialist (Onsite at Google) at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We are able to identify cases by type as we can have them arrive in the appropriate group.

What other advice do I have?

I seegreat potential I see in Zendesk and how effective we were in supporting our users with this product. I'm sure my rating will continue to get higher as the company continues to evolve and add on more features.
it_user434886
Director of IT at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
It’s simple enough for my helpdesk level one guys to use, so they actually use it.

What other advice do I have?

Just buy it. It's worth it, and you’ll be happy.
it_user433575
Client Support Manager – Night Shift at a marketing services firm with 501-1,000 employees
It pretty much keeps people responsible and accountable in various stages of our workflow.​​ The built-in Satisfaction system is pretty basic.

What other advice do I have?

Do evaluate it well. Though if you are using email to manage your support tasks, get a helpdesk now.
it_user433563
VManager, Product Catalog, Quality Control & Customer Service at a retailer with 51-200 employees
The 'mark as spam' and setting up tickets with certain titles to be automatically solved/deleted is probably the most important feature.

What other advice do I have?

This is pretty much the only customer service solution I've used for this purpose so can't compare it to anything else. It gets the job done and there's not much to complain about in terms of functionality and results. It'd be nice to have them check in from time (or once a month), examine our usage and relay any information that they think might be useful for us. In a nutshell, it's a great tool that allows you to manage all your customer service issues in one location. Not sure where we would be without it, but response time is a crucial element when it comes to customer satisfaction, and…
it_user433557
IT Support Technician at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
​The ability to track the number of requests helps our organizations ability to monitor and manage incoming requests is very valuable to us.

What other advice do I have?

Zendesk is a great product for managing and maintaining requests from users. It is simple to use and quite effective in tracking progress on all requests, re-assigning issues to higher level support agents, prioritizing and reporting progress on requests.
e-Commerce Consultant at a consultancy
I like that we can separate the public comments from the private ones without having to use different communication tools.

What other advice do I have?

The first reason I would recommend Zendesk is that this is a user-friendly and easy to customize tool. Due to the various options and applications that Zendesk offers we were able to personalize this tool to match our most important business requirements. And it can be accessed from almost all types of devices. Also, a very important fact is that you can integrate more than one business in the same tool. This is crucial for a company that hosts several different businesses. All companies with high standards should use Zendesk because it's a reliable tool, constantly improving the old features…
Helpdesk Technician at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
​Deployment in a new environment is very simple. If you want it to record certain data or attributes, it can be done, but must be done manually.

What other advice do I have?

There is a simple to use free trial for companies considering Zendesk.
it_user422004
Customer Onboarding at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
​Easy to keep track of all the tickets that have come, you can categorize tickets and search for them based on that category.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a simple ticketing system that anyone can understand and implement(support personnel who is not tech-savvy) then this is the one. Salesforce requires a person to be somewhat tech-savvy.
it_user422025
Consultant / Public Speaking / Writing with 51-200 employees
Improved organization functions by providing a ticket database support system for more effective communication and follow up on customer issues​​.
it_user421542
Subject Matter Expert at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
I managed to whip up a temporary support platform within a day, and got it officially implemented and signed off within a month.

What other advice do I have?

Users took about one or two days to get to know the new way of call logging, and we were running on full steam within a week. When the system did go down for a couple of hours (probably three times in two years) it was noticeable, but only because we relied on it so heavily. Definitely take the trial and set up a mock environment. It’s really worth it.
it_user417060
Market and Business Development - USA & Canada at a printing company with 501-1,000 employees
We're now able to track jobs via the ticketing system as well.​
it_user416046
Senior Sales Engineer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
We use the full access Enterprise Level Zendesk case management and knowledge base tracking solution. It is used both internally as well as with our customer base.

What other advice do I have?

The product is fairly solid, the solution is fairly easy to manage and to be used by our customers. The reporting that was native out of the box was a bit on the light side, but over the year and a half that I held a management position in our technical support team, I was able to add and modify the reporting to fit my needs. Take your time with the training, use the supplied training they offer. Use their resource center and the extensive community help articles.
Institutional Sales Executive (Head of APAC region) at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
With the privilege setting of different roles and spam filter, it helps us work more efficiently in ticket resolving and the data security.
it_user415359
Customer Experience Lead at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The most valuable for me is the home option because I can easily sort my open tickets, ticket statistic, and satisfaction statistic.
Self Employed at a tech company with self employed
The feature that stands out for me, is the ability to create your own apps for Zendesk. I hardly ever feel limited by the framework and can add individual functionality.

What other advice do I have?

When implementing Zendesk, make sure to understand the way Zendesk works in the first place. Plan ahead: What channels will be used? What kind of ticket views will be needed? Will there be different types of agents? Do we need to add functionality via apps? Once you answered all the necessary questions, make sure to create a small plan with focus on scalability.
it_user245394
Application Support Specialist at a construction company with 51-200 employees
When you have a ticket(s) open it makes you accountable to get it resolved. It provides real data from a production perspective as well.

What other advice do I have?

Of the several different help desk ticket systems I have used ZenDesk was the easiest to learn and use during a call. Give Zendesk a serious look during your evaluation process. This product is scale-able for any size of help desk, has great reporting features, and easy to learn.
it_user413475
IT Consultant/System Adminstrator at a tech company with 501-1,000 employees
The most valuable feature was its simplicity as it was made easy to use. It was good for a while, but the organization grew larger than the software and hence the upgrade to Salesforce.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature was its simplicity as it was made easy to use.

How has it helped my organization?

It was good for a while, but the organization grew larger than the software and hence the upgrade to Salesforce, which was more robust for the amount of end users.

What needs improvement?

They need to improve on the customization and having the ability to scale up.

I worked with Zendesk for seven to eight months and then we switched to a customized version of Salesforce for Help Desk use.

We had no issues with deployment.

The stability was a problem as our help desk grew. The product would…
it_user413340
Team Lead - CSM Nordics at a marketing services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
You can reply to tickets by simply replying to email and start tickets by shooting an email to the right address.

What other advice do I have?

If their price is acceptable, I would recommend using Zendesk to all companies whose clients and employees need a simple way of raising issues.
it_user411153
Project Coordinator at BlackSquare Inc.
We have integrated it with Slack and we get customer updates in real-time.
it_user409911
Consultant at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
We needed to code stuff on our side due to business specific needs which it could not account for.​​​
it_user410553
Head of Customer Service at a hospitality company with 51-200 employees
The possibility to quickly send templates emails based on content and user language​.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use, highly customizable and makes our work faster.

How has it helped my organization?

The possibility to quickly send templates emails based on content and user language.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvement in the "trigger" sections and "macros" as well. Both should have conditional fields to customize.

We've used it for three years.

We have had no issues with the deployment.

There have been no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs.

How are customer service and

Freelance Film Critic/Part-time Social Media Coordinator/Junket and Red-Carpet Personality at a media company with 51-200 employees
The ability to easily create macros, quickly see past correspondence, and view analytics are incredibly helpful features. Teams were disappointed when messages were not sent successfully.
it_user371346
Marketplace Integrity Specialist at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
​The ticketing software itself as well as the reporting features have been most valuable.

What other advice do I have?

The team at Zendesk is there to help, so don't be afraid to reach out. There are many 'hidden' tools that make CS agents life easier, find them, use them.
it_user357579
Technical Support Engineer, Team Lead at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
It allows employees to work remotely and to reply to the customer on the go, although it'd be easier to setup if there was metadata available and an API guru resource available.

What other advice do I have?

Get the Enterprise edition to start with. It has an excellent support team to answer all questions you may have. If migration of old tickets can be avoided, it will be much faster and cheaper. Don't forget those legacy links pointing to the older KB in the old support portals as those may have been hard-linked from the web app/desktop app or elsewhere.
it_user347661
Senior Operations Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
For us, it does what we need, which is ticketing, reporting, automation, responders, use of .csv imports, data extracts, and API use for Help Center. But, we'd like custom reporting capabilities.

What other advice do I have?

Go and see people who use it, or at least gather feedback from the community. Join the Zendesk support community and ask. Zendesk Ticket Interface Reporting
it_user347544
Sr Director of Channel Sales and Customer Service at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
The UI allowed our service reps to capture and log all activity related to an inquiry much faster than before. The inability to design a what-you-see-is-what-you-get interface affects rep performance.

What other advice do I have?

Develop your reporting requirements early as you may have to implement customer fields or applications to be able to get what you need. Also, document exceptions outside your normal service flow in order to get the Zendesk implementation team up to speed early to learn if what you want can be done. Lastly, review the apps store to see what you might need so that you can implement those capabilities up front.
it_user347154
Customer Happiness Associate at Indiegogo
The JIRA integration has helped tremendously with bug tracking, but I would love to see an easier way to add users to it.
it_user346989
IT Specialist at a non-profit with 501-1,000 employees
Ticket submission has been completely streamlined, but more metrics are needed.
it_user344577
Operations Intelligence at a transportation company with 51-200 employees
Insight analytics made the reporting process easier, but the more customization you do, the slower it will be.

What other advice do I have?

It's very great for tracking your customer service activities, building reports, and gaining satisfaction from responses. No other platform is better than this one.
it_user247317
Account Coordinator at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Friendly and intuitive design, but sometimes they wouldn't update by tickets and I kept getting an error message.

Valuable Features

Zendesk has helped us to better connect and respond quicker to our clients.

Improvements to My Organization

Report Generator needs to be improved.

Room for Improvement

I was not there at the initial deployment of Zendesk with my past company.

Use of Solution

I have used it for one year.

Overall, I don't think I did. There were a few instances where Zendesk was not updating my tickets and I kept getting an error message.

No, I think the tool is great for small business and smaller start-up companies.

I never dealt with Zendesk customer service, but I have heard great things about it.

Customer Service: I believe the company had a trial period with…
it_user245439
Google Apps deployment Specialist and Support Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
This is one of the better solutions on the market for SMBs but it needs to allow more information to be put into tickets.

What other advice do I have?

This is one of the better solutions on the market for SMBs. It's good if your main concentration is tickets. It lacks features for attaching enough information in the ticket.
it_user245394
Application Support Specialist at a construction company with 51-200 employees
It helped with tracking tickets and identifying trends in help desk calls.

What is most valuable?

Reporting Tracking

How has it helped my organization?

When I used it, it helped with tracking tickets and identifying trends in help desk calls.

I used it for two years.

No issues, it went well.

I did not experience any stability issues during the two years I used Zendesk.

None at all.

Customer Service: I never had to call customer service. That was done by the admin person. Technical Support: I personally never had to call the Zendesk tech support, as again it was handled by admin.

Which

it_user245391
HR Source Specialist at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It helps out in organizing all our tasks, but it needs the ability to merge tickets.

What other advice do I have?

It's an amazing product. It really helps out in organizing all our tasks. Not only that, but it pulls metrics if you're curious to see how many requests come in, and how long it takes to complete those requests. I would highly recommend this product.
Technical Director - Data Center Solutions at Atrion
I've been using Zendesk for years and still love it
Have been using Zendesk for years and still love the product.
Architect at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
Top Reviewer
Its customizable features, sandbox, documentation and support are great, but the look and feel could use more polish

What other advice do I have?

Rely on their excellent documentation and don't be afraid to ask them for help.
it_user2589
IT Administrator at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
Simple and excellent customer support application, but new features are require