Blue Prism Review

Scales well and a community edition is available, but the stability should be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are using Blue Prism to automate any of your manual tasks, that are related to desktop, or web-based, email, and Excel. Any kind of automation for that matter.

Also, for any two handled records that have been created with many items and have been automated, we would use Blue Prism to manage them.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup and deployment could be simplified.

The stability could be improved.

They could add more AI-related technology.

With their free version, they should provide some sort of community link where you can learn for free. It would be better.

I have been using Blue Prism for approximately one year.

We are not using the latest version, when we used it last, it was version 5.

It is stable, but we faced some issues while we were automating web applications.

This is a scalable product. We were a team of 10 or 11 who were using this solution.

We did require support, but we got it from the website.

If you compare it with UiPath and you require support, there is a lot of help available from the forum, but while I was using it, Blue Prism didn't have an updated forum.

I did receive a few answers but the forum needs to be updated.

I was not a part of the initial setup up, but I believe that the initial setup may be moderate, it's not that easy. It requires some SQL connection.

It only requires one team member to maintain this solution.

Blue Prism is quite costly.

The free version provides you with a free forum for a month, where UiPath provides you with a community edition with their free version.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More Blue Prism reviews from users
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Blue Prism. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.