Blue Prism Review

Good developer interface, easy to work with and deploy, but the OCR feature needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are an independent consulting group.

It is used in a lot of healthcare-related processes, and healthcare manufacturing.

How has it helped my organization?

There should be permanence across all of the automation technologies, such as UiPath, Blue Prism, and Automation Anywhere. It would allow the client to have automated processing of manual data work.

Currently, we are automating all of the manual processes. Once you have the bot built, you deploy it and it is obvious that it is going to help the client with reducing the man-hours, leaving them to focus on better quality work.

This is applicable for all RPA, not just Blue Prism.

What is most valuable?

The development interface is quite easy to work with.

The deployment is easy.

What needs improvement?

They have OCR technology, but it's not that great.

They need to come up with better OCR technology.

In the next release, the OCR features need to be improved. This is an area that I would love Blue Prism to work on.

I have been using Blue Prism for almost two years.

It is stable and it doesn't break down easily.

If it is deployed in the right server and based on the requirements, and the comments they have documented on the site, it's pretty stable.

We have not scaled that high for any of our clients yet. We have four or five bots that have been running with no issues.

I have not reached out to technical support, but my teammate has.

It is easy to deploy.

If you are not doing any kind of smoke testing, it can be deployed in less than three days. You can just deploy to the production server minus the testing.

This is an area that I don't have any visibility to. I am not accountable for any kind of licensing and pricing. Our sales team takes care of this.

What other advice do I have?

It is very important that you have a good design in place because it gets tricky when you are building the bots, otherwise, there will be a lot of propping and changing.

There are many flows needed to build in Blue Prism.

It is always advisable to have a good stable design in place before you build the bot in Blue Prism.

I would rate Blue Prism a seven out of ten.

More Blue Prism reviews from users
...who compared it with UiPath
Learn what your peers think about Blue Prism. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.