LogMeIn Pro Review

We use it to access a remote workstation, but they need a better pricing plan

What is our primary use case?

I use it strictly to log in and be able to access the workstation. Currently we only have a total of four users.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it to log in just to access the workstation. Every once in a blue moon you can print from that workstation to your computer, that you're currently on. I've used it for that, and that's it. We don't use it for anything else. We don't transfer files. We don't use it for anything else.

What needs improvement?

Maybe they can come up with a plan if you only use it for login and, occasionally, printing. Maybe you can charge what you used to charge and then if we want to use it for files or things that are more sophisticated, charge a little more. I'm sure when they increase their price they're going to lose a lot of clients. That's it. I don't really have anything for them to improve because I don't really use it for anything but login for now.

Three to five years.

It does go down sometimes. You try to login, it tells you the workdesk computer is not available. It does kick you off a lot.

I couldn't answer this because I just use it. We've used it the same way since we started. I can't really compare it to the other products because I don't really use all these features that everybody offers.

I've never called in.

I did use a different solution temporarily, then I switched over to LogMeIn. I think at the time LogMeIn was free, or it was only about $100 or something, so I switched. That was a long time ago so. A lot of people I know don't use LogMeIn because they have other ways that are free or close to being free.

If I used it for other things, all these other features that they offer then maybe it'd be worth it, possibly, but I don't know that.

I can't compare it to the other products. I only use it for something very simple.

The setup was pretty simple.

To be honest with you, I use it just for login and the prices are getting too high so we're going to look for an alternative solution. It used to be a couple of hundred dollars a year, now it's like $600 a year. We're definitely going to be switching shortly. Every year they have significant increases.

I don't think it's worth the value, not just to log in. It's one of those things when you use something for so long you're just used to it. But now that they've gotten so greedy, I'm definitely going to be looking for another solution. I mean, to go from $150, $200 a year to $600 a year, and I think at the end of my contract they're going up another $200 or $300 a year. It's ridiculous.

You can do a lot of things with that money. There are companies out there that do it for free.

I use a very generic version of LogMeIn just to get into the computer, that's it; which a lot of companies do for free or $99 or $49. They're charging $600.

I was using another program and then one of our vendors used LogMeIn and that same vendor said, "Hey, there's this free product." I had only used the other one for about a week so I didn't really experience it, to be honest with you. I tried LogMeIn and I just stuck with it for whatever reason. The price kept going up.

What other advice do I have?

Look at the marketplace and see what everybody's charging before you start using one of them, then see what they offer.