Rubrik Review

Deployment was quick, easy, and straightforward

How has it helped my organization?

Rubrik has allowed our Managed Backup product to be elevated from a home-brewed concoction of free backup products wrapped in our special "glue" to a modern, intelligent, single-pane-of-glass orchestration engine. We are no longer embarrassed to explain how our backup product works!

What is most valuable?

• Near-zero RTO for VMs
  • API-first architecture
  • Intelligent agent technology

What needs improvement?

There are some corner cases where the Rubrik Connector (Agent) still doesn't work for our clients, but Rubrik Engineering listens to our feedback and has been delivering the features that we have been asking for over the last year, so we are confident that they will knock those out soon, as well.

Early on there was an issue with our special "flavor" that caused some instability with the Rubrik nodes, but that was resolved within a couple of months by their engineering team.

No, our biggest Rubrik cluster is 10 briks/20 nodes and we're still growing that pool.

Very good, almost a 10 out of 10. They are among the very best vendors we've worked with.

Very good, an eight out of 10.

Yes, we previously used a home-brewed solution that didn't have the scalability that we needed.

Straightforward. The deployment was about 20 questions and 20 minutes, and it was done.

In-house team.

Approximately three years.

Yes, we evaluated Bacula Enterprise, Commvault, Veeam, and EMC Avamar/Data Domain.