Rubrik Review

The solution is scalable to multiple petabytes

What is our primary use case?

We are doing a business with Rubrik. I am responsible for implementing the solution to our customers. Even though I am not trained for implementing, it is easy to use and easy to learn. We also get backups for our own environment.

How has it helped my organization?

We had some VMware issue as VMware did some changes on the AHCI drivers. Rubrik saved our environment those times.

What is most valuable?

• Instant recovery
  • Live mount

What needs improvement?

The open source database needs to be supported.

There are no issues with the stability.

The solution is scalable to multiple petabytes. Since we do not have that much data, the one which we are using is enough.

10 out of 10.

I used to use Veeam.

The initial setup was straightforward. There is a bootstrap script, which does all the IP address initialization. for all the metadata disk preparation and service openings.

We did the implementation by ourselves because the deployment and using it is straightforward.

I cannot provide that information.

The setup cost is a bit high, but the solution is an all-in-one solution. There is no licensing in terms of capacity. The TCO is lower if you buy it for two or three years.

We used Veeam before.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great product.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a distributor company in Turkey. I am responsible from the Technical team. I have extensive knowledge on Hyperconverged products.