Rubrik Review

Drives the back-end through a powerful, well-documented API

What is our primary use case?

Rubrik was purchased to replace our aging backup solution. Providing us an 'all-in-one' unit to manage backup, DR, and BC.

How has it helped my organization?

Newly onboarded and very impressed. Removes all the headaches of a traditional three-tier backup solution. A little bit of fine tuning needed, but what product does not.

What is most valuable?

• Single pane of glass interface
  • Drives the back-end through a powerful, well-documented API.

What needs improvement?

Error/fault reporting. When errors do occur, it can be a somewhat painful process to get to the bottom of issues. On the plus side, the support channel is fantastic. This means if you can't find out why, they will and quickly.

Still implementing.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues.

Five star rating: Calls are picked up and managed through constant communication to ensure a speedy resolution.

HPE Backup Servers, Dell EMC Data Domain, and Veeam.

Whilst this solution was effective, it took considerable management to keep it all working. Rubrik's all-in-one approach removed all the complexity.

Easy install/setup - Literally an hour from the box arriving to ingesting the first data.

Vendor (fantastic knowledge and service) and in-house implementation.

Rubrik is an all inclusive price. No additional implementation costs or licencing.

Yes. Like for like replacement, with consideration of Veeam, Arcserve, Dell EMC Data Domain, NetApp AltaVault, etc.

1 visitor found this review helpful
2 Comments
D6B8UserTOP 5LEADERBOARD

What were the major advantages and disadvantages that you have seen versus Veeam?

20 March 18
Edward PollReal User

Primarily management time, DR capabilities and ongoing opex costs.

You have to take into account though that Veeam isn't backup on its own, you still need to factor in the server/storage infrastructure (both primary and DR) and as such these all play a part in the service performance and management overheads.

Rubrik, one box, one solution; one place to look

04 May 18