Rubrik Review

CloudOn implementation allows for virtual machines to be stored offsite, instantiated, and spun-up

What is our primary use case?

We are searching for a new backup product that reduces man hours and helps us automate more of the backup and recovery process for our MSP team.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to primarily be a Veeam shop when it came to doing backups in our data center and I never thought I would look for another product. However, some issues started cropping up with very large virtual machines that Veeam didn't have an easy way to solve. I decided to try out Rubrik. I can tell you that it was one of the best decisions we have made. It fixed all of our backup issues and cut backup remediation to nearly nothing. We've gained at least ten hours a week and I never have to worry about whether something is being backed up or not.

What is most valuable?

Automation functions, image based backup, and the ability to instantly recover anything from files to databases.

We have also implemented CloudOn which allows us to deploy backed up virtual machines stored offsite in Azure instantiated as an Azure virtual machine and spun up. It's a perfect scenario for low cost, full disaster recovery.

What needs improvement?

I wish it had image-level backups available for Hyper-V 2012. I additionally would like for it to implement some of the functions that Veeam Cloud Connect has so that I can deploy an agent on a physical server and just start backing that up to one of our Briks. It can technically be done now but the Brik has to be able to talk to the server directly, so a direct path or VPN is required.

Less than one year.

Nope

Nope

Customer service is top notch, which I am usually pretty disappointed in. So far it's the best I've seen for a tech company. Their service is far beyond my expectations.

We used Veeam and switched because of ease of use and time savings.

Initial Setup was simple.  I think the box took longer to mount in the rack than it did to setup.

Rubrik came onsite for our initial deployment.  Subsequent installs we've done ourselves.

Rubrik is an expensive product, more expensive than most.  However, the larger the environment you have, the quicker you will see savings in man hours.  We rarely have to touch our backup environment anymore as its so well designed, managed and automated.

We did not look elsewhere because Veeam was already at the top of the list.

What other advice do I have?

If you can afford this product, I fully recommend it. You will not look back.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Rubrik Service Provider Partner
1 visitor found this review helpful