Salesforce Platform Review

Easy to use, good integration with different applications, and customizable to our business needs

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is as a CRM. The goal is to create an easy and organized way of collecting and reporting on data. There are many pros and cons but overall, this is the best CRM that I have used.

I have utilized at least five different CRMs over the last five years and although HubSpot was the easiest to use, it was not as robust as Salesforce. Salesforce inches above the rest as my favorite. I feel like some things are complicated just to be complicated and that takes away from the overall productivity it is creating for my team.

How has it helped my organization?

Salesforce has created an easy way to track customer interactions and has simple reporting functions. I feel like some things are overly complicated for no reason, as there are much simpler ways to achieve the same goal.

The ability to customize things is great, as we can create an environment that is more conducive to how we do business. This allows us to be more efficient as a team and allows me to monitor their productivity without micro-managing them.

I can also set tasks for them when things get missed, as a friendly reminder.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is being able to track the activity of my team and report results.

It is easy to add accounts, contacts, and opportunities.

The integration with different applications makes quick work of tracking activity.

The ability to customize things is great, as we can create an environment that is more conducive to how we do business. This allows us to be more efficient as a team and provide quick and easy reporting for our management team and customers.

I also like the automated alerts, to catch things people miss so that things stay updated correctly.

What needs improvement?

Easier bulk updating would be appreciated.

We need more flexibility with building processes and workflow automation.

Better flexibility in editing emails created from templates would be great, and being able to add hyperlinks in emails for scheduling meetings would allow us to automate more.

I would also like more flexibility in being able to designate both default and override values, as I feel like every time we have a new process, we have to add more fields to accommodate exceptions to the norm.

We have been using the Salesforce Platform for five years.

Salesforce is easily scalable.

I have only used the online resources and found them to outdated sometimes. Our Salesforce admin takes care of all this now.

I have used several different CRMs and my least favorite was Microsoft Dynamics. It was bulky, not user-friendly, and reporting was not ideal.

In terms of whether the initial setup was complex, I would say Yes and No. You definitely want to pay for assistance and support for set-up if you don't have an internal Salesforce admin. There is a learning curve that can be time-consuming.

We had a vendor to start with, and now we have an in-house team.

Using this solution makes our company more agile and efficient, and prevents information silos.

My advice is that if you are going to use a CRM then use it correctly, get licenses for everyone, and demand compliance. Having only one department use it and not others will devalue the tool and its ability to provide effective solutions.

Not at this company but in previous companies yes.   One declined Salesforce because it was not easy to get out of should they need to change their mind, and they were penny pinchers to a fault, so it was best they did that as I had issues with data loss in past when leaving Salesforce and going to a new CRM.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)

Lightening
More Salesforce Platform reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Appian
Learn what your peers think about Salesforce Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
464,857 professionals have used our research since 2012.