Salesforce Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Salesforce Platform is #1 ranked solution in top Mobile Development Platforms, #2 ranked solution in top No-Code Development Platforms, #3 ranked solution in PaaS Services, #4 ranked solution in top Rapid Application Development Software, and #4 ranked solution in top Low-Code Development Platforms. IT Central Station users give Salesforce Platform an average rating of 8 out of 10. Salesforce Platform is most commonly compared to Microsoft Azure:Salesforce Platform vs Microsoft Azure. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Salesforce Platform?
The Salesforce1 Platform brings together Force.com, Heroku, and ExactTarget into one family of cloud services all built API first to help deliver apps that connect products, users, and next generation experiences. Designed for scale and speed, it provides a fast way to build apps with open APIs, back-end services, integration tools, starter templates as well as powerful developer environments; there's no limit to what you can build.

Salesforce Platform was previously known as Salesforce1, Force.com, Salesforce App Cloud.

Salesforce Platform Buyer's Guide

Download the Salesforce Platform Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Salesforce Platform Customers
ADP
Salesforce Platform Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Salesforce Platform pricing:
  • "I don't know anything about its cost, but I'm sure it has got a nice little price tag that goes along with it."
  • "The licensing is per user per month, which we took out a contract on a long time back. It's really an okay price for what solutions are available and for how many features and what kind of functionality you get."
  • "I haven't had to buy Salesforce, however, I have heard it's $1500 a user."

Salesforce Platform Reviews

TM
Account Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Makes it easy to keep up with everything, close pending deals, and keep things organized

• "I like it because of the fact that it lets me know what I'm working on and what I've recently worked on. It also helps me and allows me to do tracking. If I want to go out and find out how many times I've touched customers, I can find that information out. It tracks such information, and we use it. If we send any type of promotions out, it tracks who gets those promotions and how they've responded to those promotions."
  • "There is always room for improvement. It can be hard to learn, but when you have somebody who is experienced in this, it is like anything else. It is like Excel, you'll never know everything about Excel, but there's somebody who would possibly know. I'm sure I don't know all of the ins and outs of Salesforce."

What is our primary use case?

It is our customer base, and we use it for just about everything.

I am using the unlimited latest version. It is on the Salesforce cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

We use the whole gamut of it. We use it for customer information. We also use it for prospecting. It has information about our delivery team such as who has got a particular account. It also has any type of service information that is needed, such as billing address, demographics, system information, account teams, and account planning. If we want to delve into a customer, we can account plan and find out what they've got and what their networking environment looks like, and this information is held in our records. If something happens to me, and somebody called about that particular record, they can find this information and pick from where I left off.

It is easy to close pending deals. When a customer signs the paperwork, it has got the e-sign incorporated in it. So, when a customer says, "Yeah, let's move forward with that.", we send an amendment or a contract to the customer via e-sign. They sign it, and it comes right back to us. After that, the person who does the sign off on contracts signs it, and when they're finished with it, it comes right back to me stating that it has been signed and countersigned, and now I can go ahead and process that order and get to the customer a copy of the record so that they have a copy in their records. It is overall an easy place to keep things organized.

What is most valuable?

It is a good solution. It has a learning curve, but once you learn it, it is a very good piece of software to have to keep up with everything, such as cancellations, new accounts, new contacts, and new opportunities. We also sell co-location, so it gives us a lot of data center information, such as what rack this customer is in and how much power they've got on that particular rack. It gives a lot of information. You just need to know where to find it. Once you learn it, it is just easy to navigate.

I can go anywhere with it because it is web-based. All I need to do is get to it, and I can get to my customer. It is pretty straightforward. It's like any piece of software nowadays. It has an application that can be taken with you anywhere. It is on my phone, and it is also on my iPad, desktop, and laptop, so I can take it with me anywhere. It is very easy to use and easy to access.

I like it because of the fact that it lets me know what I'm working on and what I've recently worked on. It also helps me and allows me to do tracking. If I want to go out and find out how many times I've touched customers, I can find that information out. It tracks such information, and we use it. If we send any type of promotions out, it tracks who gets those promotions and how they've responded to those promotions. It is just a well-organized space that kind of has everything that you need to take care of your customer.

What needs improvement?

There is always room for improvement. It can be hard to learn, but when you have somebody who is experienced in this, it is like anything else. It is like Excel, you'll never know everything about Excel, but there's somebody who would possibly know. I'm sure I don't know all of the ins and outs of Salesforce.

In terms of additional features, it has got pretty much everything in there. It has a lot of information, and it is perfect for me. I'm an old-school guy, so I think it's perfect, but I'm sure there's going to be some room for improvement somewhere along the line.

I have been using this solution for the last five years, but my company has probably been using it for quite some time.

The only glitches that you'll have will be the operator, but once you know the navigation of it all, you won't have a problem with it. It's like anything else you learn.

It is easy to scale. I use the unlimited version, so I've not been stumped on anything here. In terms of usage, all the personnel in our company use it.

I've signed up for difficult classes, and they've been Johnny-on-the-spot to help out and to see if there's anything else that they can do. Their customer service is top-notch.

It is pretty straightforward. It is pretty easy to set up accounts.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others if they can afford it. It doesn't mean it is expensive. I don't know what it costs, but if you can afford it, it is a good way to get in.

It is a good product, and it has served us well. It keeps us organized, and it keeps us with our customer numbers. It has a learning curve, but you got to start somewhere. Like anything, you have to learn it. If you've got a good attitude and an open mind, you can learn anything.

I would rate Salesforce Platform a 10 out of 10.

SP
Solutions Architect at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
A great CRM that's stable and perfect for following sales conversations

• "Salesforce is a phenomenal application. It's very diverse."
  • "It does need very specific resources to help deploy it and buy in from the users. It's one of those items it's pretty disruptive and if it's not deployed properly and if it doesn't get utilized efficiently, it won't be effective."

What is our primary use case?

Our team is using it for tracking sales and following sales conversations.

What is most valuable?

I'm pretty indifferent towards the solution. I don't use it for anything personally, although the company itself makes use of it for sales. My background is Microsoft and even then I don't really use Dynamics for anything.

It's a core component of any CRM, and just having the ability to journal the conversations happening is great from a sales perspective.

I like that I can subscribe to the chatter surrounding an opportunity, as my sales team doesn't actually call anybody or follow up with anybody. Yet, if they paste bogus numbers on the pipeline, I can follow it to see that they didn't do the job. It's nice to have that transparency.

Salesforce is a phenomenal application. It's very diverse.

What needs improvement?

It does need very specific resources to help deploy it and buy in from the users. It's one of those items it's pretty disruptive and if it's not deployed properly and if it doesn't get utilized efficiently, it won't be effective.

Salesforce doesn't seem to be a really great document repository like SharePoint and SharePoint is backed in behind Dynamic CRM. Therefore, in most cases, generally speaking, it seems like it makes more sense to go the Dynamics route, assuming that the customer understands that if they're already using Exchange, Teams, and Azure Active Directory, they're using role-based access and controls for security and compliance. They have SharePoint as the underlying solution for document collaboration.

Salesforce at that point doesn't make a whole lot of sense for many Microsoft users. For example, with a customer I work with, they have this kind of disparate entity, and they select Salesforce as they say it's the one that pops up on Google when you search and that's likely why they went with it. You can't go wrong with picking Salesforce, however, you also need to have an on-site sales resource such as a Salesforce admin to manage it as nobody can figure it out. It's pretty complex. On top of that, the connection to Teams and SharePoint is so far away.

We would like it if it were possible to record a meeting on an MP4 and be able to upload that into Salesforce as something the sales team can track. There might be third-party plugins that allow for that type of usability, however, I'm not too familiar with them.

While my company has likely had the solution for years, prior to my involvement, they have recently made a mandate to sign into the product daily. That has been as of March.

The solution is pretty rock solid. There doesn't seem to be issues with bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

While I can't say exactly how many people at my company use it, I know it's a large amount and we have 500 staff members.

We also use Teams for our video conferencing and meetings, and I've been using Team's folders to save assets, notes from OneNote, video recordings, and stream recordings from the Teams sessions. I saved them all into the Teams file, however, the larger population of the Salesforce team doesn't even know how to use Teams and doesn't know how to log into Teams even if it's for meetings.

I didn't handle any aspect of the deployment process. We have a guy on site that kind of manages it and he seems kind of stressed about it. He supports it for the entire organization.

What other advice do I have?

I am not sure which version of the solution I am on at this time.

There's a Google disruption going on here in terms of how to share content and paste it back into Salesforce. I've just tried to put the link in there. Now I'm kind of on the journal conversations. If I've added an activity or event, or I just paste the notes or link to whatever else inside the journal conversation, there seems to be payback if other users pay attention to it.

I'm kind of a Microsoft guy. However, if someone's having a look at it, I would advise that they really look at what they're trying to accomplish and what the rest of the tech stack looks like. Maybe it is the best for what they're trying to do, however, from a Microsoft perspective, most folks have exchanged Teams and everything else, and it goes hand in hand, with your Active directory and the rest of those identity services.

When you start with a disparate CRM, it's kind of against the grain and it's not quite as cohesive. On top of that, when you have meetings and everything else, you have content and collateral that's created so you need to know where are you going to store those assets.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. It's a good solution, however, it's not something I would personally pick.

Learn what your peers think about Salesforce Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AB
Associate Vice President at a consumer goods company with 201-500 employees
Empowers our sales team with a common platform, but lacks a few niche integrations

• "We like that the technology is very agile and flexible in the sense that there's a large partner ecosystem within Salesforce Platform. This enables us to choose from many different partners with different advantages, and all of it can be done in a plug-and-play kind of way."
  • "Although the platform is already set up for you, there's a lot of customization that needs to be done, especially for any new component we start using. For whatever solution we wanted, we had to think for ourselves and design it all on our own. And, unfortunately, there were some components that were not really mature in the beginning, like Tableau for example."

What is our primary use case?

We originally started using Salesforce Platform for our sales guys who go into the market every day. They wanted a common platform that is scalable and easy to work with, especially for the clients. We took to Salesforce because it filled this need, and because it came with multiple apps from different vendors and partners that could be integrated with it.

The sales team do route planning, meeting planning, and then they take a particular vehicle to particular retailers. Then they talk to them and find out their reason for taking or not taking a particular order, so that my marketing team and other teams can take action.

How has it helped my organization?

In 2015, we decided we should be on cloud. That is, we should not build our own infrastructure, hardware, network, database, etc., because then you cannot focus on the business outcomes; you're focusing more on the infrastructure. With Salesforce Platform, we are able to focus on business outcomes and we need not worry about infrastructure at all.

What is most valuable?

We found that the dashboard creation is very simple, so we got all our data in one place and we told users: now it's your job to create whatever analytics you want on the backend. So instead of generically recreating and redefining everything, what we did is we allowed our users access to all the fields that let them select and define their own graphs and analytics and so on. When used like this, it is very simple for users and doesn't require any technical IT skills from their point of view.

One other aspect that is very important to us is that Salesforce Platform is a global platform and widely available across all of India.

What needs improvement?

Although the platform is already set up for you, there's a lot of customization that needs to be done, especially for any new component we start using. For whatever solution we wanted, we had to think for ourselves and design it all on our own. And, unfortunately, there were some components that were not really mature in the beginning, like Tableau for example. I would like to see Salesforce better, or more quickly, integrate the applications that they acquire, like Tableau and Slack.

Technologies are changing rapidly nowadays, and customers are requesting all sorts of new integrations. For example, some are asking for WhatsApp integrations, AI and ML integrations, etc. When you're using a single platform such as Salesforce or SAP, your data quality is the one thing that is taken care of, and we would like to continue managing our data across many different integration channels.

We've been using Salesforce Platform for almost four years.

It's a very stable solution. We haven't had many issues with stability.

With our environment of around 1500 users, there have hardly been any performance or scalability issues.

I don't think I have ever called technical support for an explanation or anything. At least not for the solution that we use for our sales staff who visit the markets.

The setup was really straightforward. The one hitch was that when first setting up our customers, to capture their details and enter them into the system, we found that not all of them had reliable internet access. However, I understand that this is not a product challenge, but rather a practical or technical challenge.

The only thing is that, regarding the pricing contract, if you agree on 2000 users, you have to pay for 2000, even if you only have 1500. An agreement for 2000 users was in our contract, so we had to pay a little bit extra because we only have about 1500 users currently.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend Salesforce Platform to others with no hesitation. For a PaaS, all the infrastructure was in place. But when you begin with a new platform, you have to start from scratch at level zero and then keep on maturing. Thus, my advice to my team and everyone else is: don't complicate from day one. You start, make it simple, keep on using it, make sure it's working correctly and so on, and from there on out things are very easy for users.

I would rate Salesforce Platform a seven out of ten.

PG
Senior Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Intuitive, quite easy to learn, and stores all kinds of relevant sales information

• "It's an easy platform for salespeople to quickly and efficiently be able to track an opportunity."
  • "Simplification is something it needs. Every time you get the engineers involved, they make things a little too complicated. It might be more beneficial to simplify everything for quick and easy reference."

What is our primary use case?

CRM tool

How has it helped my organization?

I find that the SalesForce solution can be used to capture everything you're doing during the course of the workday. I'm not a senior executive. I'm the guy in the trenches. I find management is trying to develop a portal to log all the information possible, so that, if I ever left, that they would be able to recreate my funnel and have all the contact information and the customer information and try to better understand the dynamics of the decision making within any of the corporations that I've identified as potential customers.

What is most valuable?

What I really like about Salesforce is that it's very intuitive. It's an easy platform for salespeople to quickly and efficiently be able to track an opportunity and develop custom reports for management.

At times, companies that have embraced the Salesforce engineering model, have been able to gather resources necessary to facilitate quotes. It'll be able to store all my information, as far as notes from calls, meetings, and tracking the progress of a particular project.

What needs improvement?

There's always room for improvement. Simplification is something it needs for sales. Every time you get the engineers involved, they make things a little too complicated. It might be more beneficial to simplify everything for quick and easy reference.

The solution should offer a Salesforce version for individuals. You have a number of people that have independent agencies and other independent workers that are out there that want to be able to track what they're doing and be able to put that into some sort of a schedule that coordinates with their calendar and everything else. When I look at Salesforce and I open Salesforce, it's unique to me as an individual. I've used Salesforce with many different companies. Sometimes you can see the visibility of other accounts, and things of that nature. These platforms can be problematic as you have people that are always looking at your stuff and then trying to work their way around you.

With Salesforce, I do feel that I'm doing a lot of repetitive tasks. We're constantly, re-putting in the same thing over and over and over. And that's something that Salesforce should figure out. They need to remove redundancies, as salespeople want to move on to the next deal. Salespeople want to talk and track the initial and primary points of contact. They want to put in a quick note and move on to the next opportunity.

For a salesperson, sometimes, you should be able to categorize your opportunities in the vertical markets that can be beneficial as well. I know it makes it a little more complex, however, that way you could see everything at a glance. You could look up which vertical, for example, you are more successful in. You should be able to split those out and dissect everything a bit better.

That way, when you're running your campaigns, you could actually have some consistency. For example, as a salesperson, you could say "today I'm going to call logistics companies" or "today I'm going to call finance companies".

I've been in technical sales for about 30 years now and have used Salesforce for almost 20 years now.

The company I work for right now has 400 people.

I actually worked with GoldMine CRM, one of the first CRM tools that were out there. They worked on my internet services and voice services for many years before selling GoldMine to Vendata.

What I liked about their tool, which is something that Salesforce doesn't do, is they actually had a version for individuals as opposed to companies. That way, I would be able to track everything I was doing, too, and coordinate, and be able to save that information without setting up all the alarms that come with downloading something.

I haven't had to buy Salesforce, however, I have heard it's $1500 a user.

. I've used Goldmine Software, SEIBEL./Oracle. Symantic Compass

What other advice do I have?

The company I work for has a partnership with Salesforce.

The product version is the latest and up-to-date. It's all handled through the company I work for.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. Nothing is perfect, however, Salesforce is a good CRM tool.

AP
Senior Manager, Product Strategy at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
Straightforward to set up, very stable, and offers good pricing

• "The most valuable aspect of the solution is the unit coordination between sales and marketing when it comes to lead management."
  • "Sometimes what will happen is we work on it and then we move to a different tab and work on something else. After five minutes, when we come back, it automatically signs out."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for Account Management and Lead Management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is the unit coordination between sales and marketing when it comes to lead management.. We needed one CRM where we can have all the relevant lead lists, customize lead information fields over there, upload important information, update information and pass the information from sales to amrketing and vice versa and ensure a seamless coordination - that was the best part of it because it improved the productivity and no longer we rely on email threads or manual excel sheets -we had a robust mechanism.

Another interesting feature is integration with other marketing automation platforms like ZoomInfo, Outreach etc. This significantly reduces our workload or maintaining or integration of data across tools and seamlessly helps us execute our activities.

The initial setup was straightforward.. It didnot take any time to learn and set it up.

The product has proven to be stable. We have not faced any productivity or workability issues.

The pricing is good.

We've found the technical support to be very helpful and responsive.

What needs improvement?

Basically, Salesforce has two different views. One is the plastic view and one is the lightening view. If I log in the view is not returned for me specifically. For example, if I'm working with view number one, and I toggle to view number two and then log out when I log out, I come back and I'm still back in view number one. I'd like to stay in whichever view I need.

Sometimes what will happen is we work on it and then we move to a different tab and work on something else. After five minutes, when we come back, it automatically signs out. The thing is, every time we need to re-login. I would like to propose a session extension pop-up. This means that there will be some kind of reminder that your session is going to expire in the next two minutes and to please sign in if you want to continue.

We haven't been using the solution for a short amount of time. We've used it for about two to four months.

The solution is quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. We haven't found that it crashes or freeze. Its performance is reliable.

We have yet to attempt to scale the solution generally.

We did not add any users, however, we have added more and more workflows. We've been able to customize to our needs. In that sense, it can scale.

We have five users on the solution currently.

I'm not sure if we have plans to expand the product at this time.

I've been in touch with technical support and would give them a rating of nine out of ten. They are quite responsive. We've been very satisfied with their level of assistance.

The initial setup is not complex or overly difficult. It's very straightforward, very easy. A company shouldn't have any issues with the process.

I cannot recall the exact amount of time that the deployment took.

I don't have too much insight on the licensing, however, the pricing is quite reasonable. It's not overly expensive.

We did evaluate one solution, however, Salesforce is the best when it comes to marketing.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and an end-user.

It is my understanding that we are using the latest version of the solution at this time.

Salesforce is great. Without any doubt, I would say one should definitely go for Salesforce. It does a lot of sales and marketing in the CRM that would help you if you work on productivity. If someone wants to have a single place where they need to be productive and that will deliver to the sales and marketing list, then yes Salesforce is the place.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been very happy with its capabilities overall.

Hybrid Cloud
Kamal Deep
Founder and Salesforce Consultant at SaaSnic
A stable enterprise-level solution that offers many amazing features

• "It's very flexible and offers tremendous features for customers."
  • "Pricing is the biggest factor. The cost right now is too high and I've had a lot of clients leave."

What is our primary use case?

There are many use cases as we have done more than 300 projects globally. One of the projects was where we implemented a customer care solution for dealers, sub-dealers, contractors, et cetera. We have worked in aviation, where we designed solutions there as well. One client was a manufacturer of parts for the aircraft. The quality check of each product, each spray part, what they were manufacturing, was pretty hard. It's supposed to go through ten different testing checkpoints. We designed a solution for them on Salesforce, to follow the protocol and the process.

Apart from that, I've worked on many real estate projects where a company used it for managing properties, including rental properties and construction. We have worked with integrating Salesforce with a government website where they used to update the new buyers of the property across Philadelphia. We pushed data from that government website into a client's Salesforce. That way, they were always aware of sold properties, when, and by whom. They used the information to make a pitch for renovation assistance services.

What is most valuable?

The solution has grown its services over time. Now, for example, it includes a Sales cloud, Marketing cloud, Service cloud, et cetera.

I liked the classic version of Salesforce. There are a lot of really great basic features.

It's very flexible and offers tremendous features for customers.

The solution is stable.

The product works well at an enterprise level.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes customers can get annoyed as there are just too many features to understand and work with. They should consider reducing their offering, or work to streamline it so that it is not so overwhelming. There are now many great competitors that offer more streamlined, easy-to-understand services.

Customers need accounting, and, right now, they need to go elsewhere, to something like Xero, for example, or QuickBooks. It would be nice to have some kind of accounting available right in Salesforce.

The stability could be better.

We don't get any leads from Salesforce here in India. It would be helpful if we could use the product to get us leads.

We've been on the Salesforce platform for about 11 years at this point. It's been over a decade and we've used it for quite a while.

In Salesforce, I haven't seen many issues. However, in some cases, we have clients that for some reason don't see specific add-on features and we bring in Salesforce to understand why certain things do not appear.

However, for the most part, the stability is good and doesn't cause any issues.

We have not set a benchmark in terms of the size of companies we work with. We don't work with thousands of users. We are helping single users from companies and we have worked with 4,000 plus users at an enterprise level.

That said, this solution works well for enterprise-level organizations.

A customer who is coming to Salesforce for the first time, and doesn't understand CRMS, may need to take time to understand business practices. However, if a person is in IT or software, they usually get it a bit faster. They can handle the complexity.

During implementation, it's best to take baby steps before getting into complex cases. There's a learning curve, however, the level of the learning curve varies from customer to customer.

The amount of time deployment takes depends on the kind of project.

The pricing is pretty expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the enterprise version of the solution.

I've done only four or five projects since I started my own shop back in 2010. Most of the projects which we have done are all for overseas companies. 80% are from the US and 20% are from the rest of the globe, including Australia, Canada, Europe, and the UK.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

NW
Customer Success Director at CloudChomp
Easy to use, good integration with different applications, and customizable to our business needs

• "Better flexibility in editing emails created from templates would be great, and being able to add hyperlinks in emails for scheduling meetings would allow us to automate more."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is as a CRM. The goal is to create an easy and organized way of collecting and reporting on data. There are many pros and cons but overall, this is the best CRM that I have used.

I have utilized at least five different CRMs over the last five years and although HubSpot was the easiest to use, it was not as robust as Salesforce. Salesforce inches above the rest as my favorite. I feel like some things are complicated just to be complicated and that takes away from the overall productivity it is creating for my team.

How has it helped my organization?

Salesforce has created an easy way to track customer interactions and has simple reporting functions. I feel like some things are overly complicated for no reason, as there are much simpler ways to achieve the same goal.

The ability to customize things is great, as we can create an environment that is more conducive to how we do business. This allows us to be more efficient as a team and allows me to monitor their productivity without micro-managing them.

I can also set tasks for them when things get missed, as a friendly reminder.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is being able to track the activity of my team and report results.

It is easy to add accounts, contacts, and opportunities.

The integration with different applications makes quick work of tracking activity.

The ability to customize things is great, as we can create an environment that is more conducive to how we do business. This allows us to be more efficient as a team and provide quick and easy reporting for our management team and customers.

I also like the automated alerts, to catch things people miss so that things stay updated correctly.

What needs improvement?

Easier bulk updating would be appreciated.

We need more flexibility with building processes and workflow automation.

Better flexibility in editing emails created from templates would be great, and being able to add hyperlinks in emails for scheduling meetings would allow us to automate more.

I would also like more flexibility in being able to designate both default and override values, as I feel like every time we have a new process, we have to add more fields to accommodate exceptions to the norm.

We have been using the Salesforce Platform for five years.

Salesforce is easily scalable.

I have only used the online resources and found them to outdated sometimes. Our Salesforce admin takes care of all this now.

I have used several different CRMs and my least favorite was Microsoft Dynamics. It was bulky, not user-friendly, and reporting was not ideal.

In terms of whether the initial setup was complex, I would say Yes and No. You definitely want to pay for assistance and support for set-up if you don't have an internal Salesforce admin. There is a learning curve that can be time-consuming.

We had a vendor to start with, and now we have an in-house team.

Using this solution makes our company more agile and efficient, and prevents information silos.

My advice is that if you are going to use a CRM then use it correctly, get licenses for everyone, and demand compliance. Having only one department use it and not others will devalue the tool and its ability to provide effective solutions.

Not at this company but in previous companies yes.   One declined Salesforce because it was not easy to get out of should they need to change their mind, and they were penny pinchers to a fault, so it was best they did that as I had issues with data loss in past when leaving Salesforce and going to a new CRM.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    AnilKumar4
    Senior Developer at jarvis
    Offers good integration and has good stability

• "Features they are integrating to the other services."
    • "They need an easy way of getting details and then adding to it and then being able to do it in a more simplified way"

What is our primary use case?

We use the mobile application, the Lightning application. We use it with consulting and integrating the different products like vCloud or integration with Google. There are some that we do production also. Everything is on mobile now. So we use mobile apps and then we develop those applications. It's a Cloud browser and device support that we are doing the programming. So basically now we are developing that in the Lightning Application, where we can. That is based on the event architecture and by the company's controller, we write those according to that. We develop the programming that will go to the software, we need to have the APEX programming materials for the IBM system, or with Lightning RAWC, who with integration we need to go with other configuration tools. So there are a lot of things that need to be captured in developing the project.

What is most valuable?

They also have features they are integrating to the other services or managing the technical management or you can go with the integration point of view and you can able to, in the build tool, do the configuring of those things in terms of other approvals or like customization. And you can include the time bond overflows for the emails. So all these parts come from the Salesforce only. So Appian does not have it, it comes with that only and now we are able to do it.

What needs improvement?

If you compare it with Appian, there are business rules that you are dealing with. With less code, we are making a higher standard. So maybe, in the future, Salesforce can make it a more integral part of the application. And they are also strategic partners with multiple companies, so maybe that is the reason they are sustainable and they the four versions every year. These things likely depend upon robotics programming and they use the latest technologies for a more stable portal. So we need to be more cautious about the coding and so data file would be more stable. But as a partner, there will be some time-taking process to make it up in the implementation. When you compare with Appian, they have to improve more on configuration and more systematic care, configuring by itself and if they are making other things in the area that they update.

The process should be automatically approved. They should also configure the maps that we initial use. I think the alerts can be used differently, or customize the targeted content mills can also be automated. Those things can also be included in Salesforce. I was looking at this map that needs to be included. Like a world map. An easy way of getting those details and then adding to it and then being able to do it in a more simplified way, visually.

I have used Salesforce App Cloud for two years.

Stability is more than adequate. It takes a number of developers to handle that currently. Most of the people don't know that a lot of features are developed with rules. Unless you are a developer you won't be able to design it currently. So it's easy to do a mini-platform now with Salesforce. That may be the strategy, but if it is having combined information within one platform, it is stable.

At first, the setup can be difficult. But once we get it deployed and get our tools implemented it is more automated. We have now set up a solution that allows us to easily deploy quickly. So once you understand the coding program, then it was easier for them to deploy. It usually takes about a month to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the Salesforce Cloud App at an eight out of ten.

Other
    Download our free Salesforce Platform Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.