Salesforce Platform Review

Easy to set up, stable, and offers a great ecosystem

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the CRM, the customer relationship management, but now we are expanding its usage to allow our customers use access an online customer portal based on salesforce community and using B2B commerce

How has it helped my organization?

actually is was a great add-on on our digital landscape .....it in an easy to use , easy to customize platform ... an agile enabler platform

What is most valuable?

Salesforce is not a product ...it is a platform ....there is a huge difference between the two use cases

The platform allows us to receive and collect information easily.

There's a great ecosystem within Salesforce:

1) a huge network of implementation certified  partners  who have a great knowledge about the platform

2) A Market place  were you  can download 3rd party apps on the platform

3) There is very good online documentation available and Salesforce offers good communication with its clients. It's very user-friendly and has a system that is easy to learn.

We've found the stability to be quite good.

The initial setup is easy.

The product can scale well.

What needs improvement?

The solution doesn't really have any weak areas. overall  , It's very good product.

but Technical support could be a bit faster. for the standard support , their SLA is about 48 hours which is not that fast if you have a serious issue

Based on the platform capabilities . i see the Platform is very, very capable of handling a full ERP, and not only a CRM.

may be in the near future , SF will launch their own ERP system :)

We've been using this solution for ten years at this point. It's been a decade. It's been a long time.

The stability of the product has been good overall. We don't experience any downtime. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. You do need access to a good internet connection, however. Without a strong internet connection, you may experience some problems. However, that's not the fault of the Salesforce backend in any way.

The scalability is very good. If you need to expand it, you can do so relatively easily.

Technical support is okay. It's average. Their response times could be faster in terms of getting assistance to us. I'd rate it overall at a four out of five. Mostly we are happy with the level of support.

We did previously use another solution before Salesforce.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult.

The time it takes to deploy depends on what your plans are for the solution. Without any specific customizations, it's a very quick process. Once you log on, you have access. That's it.

The solution is relatively expensive. It also comes with extra costs. For example, extra technical support is a bit more. It can add up.

We did evaluate a few other options before ultimately choosing Salesforce. Among these was Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

We're just Salesforce customers. We don't have a business relationship with them.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We're mostly quite satisfied with the product and its capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies. However, you need a strong team to manage it. You need to have suitable admins on hand to properly implement the rules.

More Salesforce Platform reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with Appian
Learn what your peers think about Salesforce Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.