SCSM Review

A solution that allows for easy remote upgrading of systems that's scalable

What is our primary use case?

We use it when we want to push out OS upgrades to our users around the world.

How has it helped my organization?

In years past we used to go to the client to upgrade, etc. It was quite cumbersome. The solution has made managing the environment streamlined and much easier. I don't have to go to the client physically.

What is most valuable?

The remote access is one of the features I really enjoy. The pushing of email updates and things like that are very good. Also, the solution's patches have been very useful.

What needs improvement?

It crashes our client's computers. Sometimes they get blue screens. It would be useful if SCSM could check the upgrades or patches before we implemented them to see if they are going to crash a client's system. Or, if it does install, and the client's system crashes, it would be good if the solution could revert back somehow.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is quite stable. We don't have errors or bugs or anything like that.

The solution is scalable. It's easy to expand. We don't have plans to increase usage at this time, however.

Technical support is good. They are very responsive.

The solution we had previously was more manual. We had to physically go to the computer to update everything.

The initial setup was a bit complex. It wasn't that user-friendly. My team had to play around with it a bit.

We implemented the solution ourselves.

I think it's the value for money we are seeing in terms of ROI. We've saved a lot of man-hours. We have branches in the US and a lot of times in the past it used to involve you going over there, you meet your team member and having to actually fly physically. Now, most of the software we do remotely.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the private cloud deployment model.

The advice I would give to others attempting to implement the solution is that you need to have a thorough, good understanding of the application, or else it may seem a bit complicated. Whoever is going to use it has to understand it or get some training.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.