SCSM Review

A stable ticketing system but it is difficult to deploy and the interface needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

There are several common use cases for SCSM including HR onboarding, helpdesk ticketing, and collecting surveys from customers.

What is most valuable?

The most requested feature from our customers is the helpdesk ticketing system.

What needs improvement?

There is some difficulty when it comes to deploying this solution.

The user interface needs to be improved.

One of our customers has complained to say that the workflow needs to be more customizable.

We have been working with SCSM for about one year.

I am not aware of any issues related to stability.

Our customers have not commented on scalability.

I do not have contact with Microsoft technical support. Our team handles the technical support for our customers.

We also have experience with Ivanti and it is the clear winner if we compare these two. It does not have the same difficulties with deployment and the user interface is better.

This solution has been difficult to deploy in some cases. The length of time required depends on the customer's requirements and needs. If there are a lot of customized workflows then it is going to take longer.

I would say that the average time to deploy is about two weeks.

What other advice do I have?

Some of our customers prefer an on-premises solution but the majority are deployed in a hybrid environment using Azure cloud.

This is a solution that I would recommend for people who need only the basic features and do not require much customization. Otherwise, I would suggest a solution like Ivanti or ManageEngine.

This solution is good for some customers but other solutions are better for different reasons.

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

More SCSM reviews from users
...who compared it with ServiceNow
Learn what your peers think about SCSM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.