SmartBear TestComplete Review

Good automation and with an easy setup and a nice interface

What is our primary use case?

Mainly we use the solution for when we need to install or deploying in different applications, if necessary. We use it for testing for the most part.

What is most valuable?

It's a good solution. It works in Windows Operating System.

The automation is very good.

We can test an application across many programs with ease. We can test, for example, on Internet Explorer, or Mozilla, or Google Chrome, et cetera.

It's very helpful that, when you have a recording in one application, in one navigator, you can replay every step in different applications. You don't need to do any different testing in different programs, you only have to do one test and replicate it in different programs.

The initial setup is easy.

The solution has a very nice interface.

What needs improvement?

The one issue we have is that the tool was installed in a local machine. Now, it's more popular when you use tools that work in online environments. It would be better if it was available on the cloud. We'd like to access it on remote desktops. I don't want to have to install it on every machine.

It would be ideal if the solution could offer one subscription for time and one for life. Right now, when you buy the solution, you need to pay for one solution. You receive one set up and you install it and it's just in that one machine. It would be ideal if they could offer one subscription where you can connect to different machines with a group subscription. Or maybe they could offer different pricing. They need to be more flexible.

I've only used the solution for maybe one or two months at this point. It hasn't been too long. It's relatively new.

The solution is stable. We didn't run into any issues. It has been good so far.

The technical support is good. They are very responsive and helpful. We are quite satisfied with eh level of support they give us.

The initials setup is not complex at all. It's pretty straightforward. It's easy. A company shouldn't have any problems with deployment.

That said, it might be hard for a normal user. You need to do a few technical things. It helps to have a bit of knowledge on your side. Otherwise, you may run into issues.

You only need one person to set everything up.

We handled the deployment ourselves. We didn't need the assistance of an integrator or consultant.

The solution doesn't have a very flexible pricing model.

I didn't look at too many other options, however, this one had a special advantage in that it works on the Windows Operating System.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users.

I'd advise new users to take a look at what they need. They need to know if they need something that can test on desktop or on mobile, et cetera. This is a good solution if you need something that works with Windows, for example.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

More SmartBear TestComplete reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about SmartBear TestComplete. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.