webMethods Integration Server Review

Handles relevant data caching and integrations

What is most valuable?

There are actually a lot of valuable features. Terracotta is a very good component that enables us to arrange data caching and look at the solid state. Also, the API gateway is a very good component that can handle relevant caching and integrations and also load permitting. There is a message term for this. There are many components that we are currently using and all of them are very important. Also, we will use the DPM for workflow management and digital user transformation in the future.

What needs improvement?

I think they need to improve the API gateway to be able to replace F5 for example. Also, handling the certificates and their implications with other applications needs some improvement.

We need more dashboards and reporting engines that can provide detailed information for management. In short, we need better analytics.

We've been using this solution for one year.

It is stable, but it depends on the development team, not the platform itself. The platform itself is stable and has been used before by a lot of big companies and entities, but the old integration services are not related or tightly coupled with the platform itself. If you don't have good developers that can implement a good architecture or a good design, you will have issues.

It is easy to scale. We can really scale it up. We have had no issues with this.

Right now, we have an establishment of one organizer per platform but our plan is to use it as the only, single point of integration. The entire enterprise, all applications through all departments, and all IT will use the platform.

We are planning to increase the usage of the platform continuously over the next five years.

Currently, we have an incident open with them, but I think we need to give them more clarifications about it. There may be an issue with the product itself or perhaps it is from the implementation side. We couldn't reach a conclusion yet. We are supported 24 hours a day, it's full support.

Overall we are satisfied with the support because the main advantage is actually that you find someone to help you in time. Anything after is solvable; you will reach a solution. The ability to find someone dedicated is the main advantage.

I have an establishment of the IT department and the solution team but we were migrating from an old architecture and old application integration. It wasn't a platform, but rather a mix of solutions including webMethods but an older version. Now we have migrated from this older version to our new version. But we are migrating among a different integration solution.

Some parts were straightforward, but installing the platform was a little complex, especially since we use Linux instead of Windows. Opening ports, network restrictions, managing the network, and managing the users and components were all a little bit complex.

We did it on our own here, in our company. We have installed it over about four environments: development, SIT, production, and pre-production. All of this has taken about one month to finish.

It is expensive, but we reached a good agreement with the company. It is still a little bit expensive, but we got a better deal than the previous one.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to put more focus on implementation rather than on the platform itself. This is more important than the platform because finding someone that knows how to fit the components is more important than having very good components that no one knows how to use.

I would rate this as eight out of ten, because of the scope we have already implemented. We didn't face many complex issues or troubles.