LogMeIn Pro Overview

LogMeIn Pro is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Remote Access tools. It is most often compared to LogMeIn Central: LogMeIn Pro vs LogMeIn Central

What is LogMeIn Pro?
Helping people and businesses access their digital lives from virtually anywhere, on any device.

Download the Remote Access Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: March 2021

LogMeIn Pro Customers
The North Face, Slingbox, Lutron, The Weather Company
LogMeIn Pro Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

it_user831798
CEO
Mar 6, 2018
Gives me all my different groups and logins in a central location

What is our primary use case?

To administer computer systems, both for internal use and for some private individuals and customers. We have several thousand IT assets, but we only use LogMeIn for about 75 of them, but they're the elite of the group. We have a lot of stations that we manage that don't really have humans at them. They're remote stations, like oil companies and Home Depots and drug stores. We do thousands of customers. But the ones that we use LogMeIn for are the owners of the companies, or the main management groups inside the companies. We provide more of a concierge-type service. That includes mainly… more »

• "The most valuable feature is having it in a central location, all the different groups, and being able to ad-hoc or at will log on to whichever computer system I need to get to from a central spot."
  • "As far as the usability of it, I'd like to see if printing could be enabled in the basic version or the medium version. Some of the remote printing isn't available unless you go to the premium versions, and that's disappointing."
  • "With Windows 10 we've had some issues with it crashing, and certain antivirus products cause it to fail. For the most part it's stable, but we do have an occasional crash mainly related to new operating systems. The new Microsoft Server and the new Windows operating systems sometimes have issues with it. But for the most part, in anything under, say, Windows 7, Windows 8, those seem to be pretty stable, and with the Microsoft Server 2012 and below, it's all stable. And I don't necessarily think it's LogMeIn. I think it may be Microsoft, to be honest with you."

What other advice do I have?

We are not leveraging it to keep our end points secure. I need to delve more into it. I don't know all the capabilities of it. I just mainly use it. A lot of the customer sites have their own either IT groups or their own managed services for some of that. They have Symantec, they have Firewall-1, they have McAfee, they have ESET, that's a big one. SonicWALL is another one and GFI is a big one too. So there are multiple different solutions that they use. But I may be more interested in how that works with LogMeIn to be able to promote it, if I knew how to use it. Our IT infrastructure is both…
GD
Research2aeb
Research Scientist
Mar 4, 2018

What is our primary use case?

It connects me with my computers that I have located in different places. If I am on travel, I can connect back to my computer. I have been using the product for well over 20 years.

• "The ability to easily connect back and retrieve data from the computer systems that I have."
  • "I can copy information and put it into a presentation that I may be putting together at another location."
  • "Technical support was able to address everything that I asked in a timely, responsible, satisfactory manner."
  • "I would enhance the product, so if I had two screens in front of me, it could connect to two computers simultaneously with the program. For example, if I had a computer at location A and a computer at location B and I am sitting at location C, it might be nice for me to be able to be connected to all three of those computers and move data between those three during one session. ​"

What other advice do I have?

I have been so satisfied with the product that I have not been motivated to shop what is out there today. I am very satisfied with the LogMeIn product and I have not been tempted to even go out and look for something else. In all fairness, anyone who wants to buy any piece of computer software today, though it does not even have to be computer software (it can be any product), I encourage them to shop the market and compare. However, I am very happy to say that I have been very satisfied with the LogMeIn product, except for the escalation of the price.
Find out what your peers are saying about LogMeIn, TeamViewer, Microsoft and others in Remote Access. Updated: March 2021.
475,705 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user824781
Customer Service at a manufacturing company
Feb 22, 2018
Easy to log in, easy to manipulate from screen to screen

What is our primary use case?

It allows me to work remotely from home, a couple days a week, instead of being in the office. That's it, that's the reason.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice to others looking into using this product, I would say if you have any questions, I think that you can google specific questions, or you can call for support. Your answers, or anything you might need to know, are very readily available. And it's very user-friendly. All I can say is I'm really happy with it. If we had to find something else, I guess we would, but I can count on it. It allows me to do my job, and that's what I need to do. I don't think too much about it. I don't have issues with it. So I'm very happy with it.
it_user819864
Sales Manager & Sr. Mortgage Loan Officer
Feb 18, 2018
Remote access to my computer allows me to work from home at night

What is our primary use case?

Everything from remote access to my computer, to helping my 91-year-old dad on his computer.

• "Being able to remote access my computer means I can work at night from my house."
  • "The user interface needs improvement. Mostly, it's pretty intuitive for what I need to do, but the extra elements to it seem very complex, so I don't really try to even use those. For example, document sharing, file stuff. I can do the log-in part, but the additional features are kind of complex."

What other advice do I have?

Most companies can do better on their user interface, just because if it's got any complexity to it, if it's not intuitive, you're just not going to get or keep as many users. So user interface is always going to be something that companies need to work on. I'd say it's a 10 out of 10. There's room for improvement, but for what I need it for, it's great. They just need to make the user interface a little more intuitive, a little more easy to use, especially for some of the additional things, besides the remote access.
DataAnalc067
Data Analyst & Back Office Support at a non-tech company with 11-50 employees
Jan 29, 2018
I can work from anywhere, correct problems, and train people remotely

What is our primary use case?

I live in one state and I connect to my computer that is about five to six states away on a daily basis. We are a convenience store chain, we've got 69 convenience stores, and I use it to remotely connect to them as well, to support our back office software.

• "I can use it for training, which I have done. As a person sits in front of the computer they can watch what I do, or I can watch what they do."
  • "The remote connection is the most valuable, but we also use it for file transfer, that would be probably the second most valuable. The remote connection is a major time saver, it saves us from having to drive to each location."
  • "If I could give it an 11 out of 10 I would, but I definitely give it a 10. It saves me time, it saves me headaches, it saves me a lot of problems, and I'm able to fix things quickly and move on. I can get in and out of the computer without anyone really even knowing that I fixed something."
  • "It's even simple to remotely add a computer to our group. We can send a link to that computer and they just follow the prompts on the screen and they are ready to go - we can access it. It's very user-friendly."

What other advice do I have?

Do it, don't hesitate, just do it, because it will be worth it. If I could give it an 11 out of 10 I would, but I definitely give it a 10. It saves me time, it saves me headaches, it saves me a lot of problems, and I'm able to fix things quickly and move on. I can get in and out of the computer without anyone really even knowing that I fixed something. It's just the ease of use and the time it saves, I couldn't ask for a better software to do what we need it to do.
    it_user806460
    President at a manufacturing company with 1-10 employees
    Jan 23, 2018
    Gives me the flexibility to be almost anywhere and have access to my information

What is our primary use case?

I use it to log in between computers when I'm remote, and we share it with our employees so they can log in as well.

• "The biggest thing is the flexibility, you can use it as long as you can get an internet connection. You can use it pretty much anywhere you're at. It just makes it a lot easier. We are a small staff, and if nobody is in the office, LogMeIn gives us secure access to get in there."
    • "You don't have to remember the password and the login all the time. Once you get it in there, it's in there, and you can go about your business."
    • "I would tell others who are looking into this solution that I feel that it's a secure solution. I never had any issues with its security element. I think that it's very simple to use. I think it is user-friendly, and you can work between computers pretty well on it."
    • "It's never cheap enough. If we got it for free, that would be perfect. But I know it's not and won't be free. It's always going to be too expensive for me because we're a small company."

What other advice do I have?

I would tell others who are looking into this solution that I feel that it's a secure solution. I never had any issues with its security element. I think that it's very simple to use. I think it is user-friendly, and you can work between computers pretty well on it, which is the most important thing to us. It gives you a lot of flexibility when it comes to travel. It doesn't matter where you're at. I mean, I traveled overseas to Vietnam and was able to log in. You log in from anywhere in the world. So from that standpoint, it gives you access 24/7 no matter where you're at. I use it a lot from…
    it_user805356
    Owner and Operator
    Jan 23, 2018
    We use it to access a remote workstation, but they need a better pricing plan

What is our primary use case?

I use it strictly to log in and be able to access the workstation. Currently we only have a total of four users.

• "Maybe they can come up with a plan if you only use it for login and, occasionally, printing. Maybe you can charge what you used to charge and then if we want to use it for files or things that are more sophisticated, charge a little more."
      • "It does go down sometimes. You try to login, it tells you the workdesk computer is not available. It does kick you off a lot."

What other advice do I have?

Look at the marketplace and see what everybody's charging before you start using one of them, then see what they offer.
      it_user806463
      Owner with 1-10 employees
      Jan 23, 2018
      I can login to my computer, go into all of my software, and work from a remote location

What is our primary use case?

I am not a power user. I can login to my office computer when I am at a remote location, primarily just from my laptop at home. I actually have my laptop in LogMeIn, but I never go the other way, I just login to my main computer remotely.

• "I can login to my office computer, go into all of my software, and work from a remote location.​"
      • "​It must have been straightforward. My IT person set it up for me. It is a friendly program."
      • "​Everything has to be done over the web, via email, or something like that. You can't talk to a human being. That bothers me a lot.​"

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend LogMeIn. Over the years, I have just had minor technical issues. I am happy with the product.
      it_user805380
      Business Owner with 10,001+ employees
      Jan 21, 2018
      I don't have to physically run to another location, I have functionality from here

What is our primary use case?

Business. I use it for moving data between machines and offices.

• "I can connect to them remotely and do all the functions I would have to do by manually driving to them, so it does make things a lot easier."
      • "At certain times of the day, during the "rush hour," it's very slow. I don't know if it's the latency of the internet or the amount of people on it in the afternoon at 4:00, 5:00pm. Getting data transferred takes a longer time than other times of the day."

What other advice do I have?

It's working, it does what I want it to do. I'm able to connect everybody, move files around. I would give it a nine out of 10 because it's reliable. I would just say just try it.
      it_user805353
      Sr. Merger and Acquisition Advisor, Owner at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
      Jan 21, 2018
      Allows me to get my documents when I'm away from my home computer or my office desktop

What is our primary use case?

Going between two computers, my home laptop, and my office desktop.

• "It's the only product I need to be able to get to my office Outlook, to get my emails off that particular computer. Going the other way, sometimes I'll go to my home computer to do adjustments to my accounting system there."

What other advice do I have?

It's remote access, it's easy to do. Go online, check pricing to see if it can be competitive with anyone else at this point in time.
        it_user194427
        Chief Technology Officer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
        Nov 15, 2017
        Gives us the ability to assign user access to servers in a decentralized environment. However, their customer service is very scripted.

• "They recently included the Kaspersky Security Suite as part of their Central Product."
        • "Unfortunately, LogMeIn is a long ways from being perfect. It has a lot of really great features, though they don't always work well."

What other advice do I have?

LogMeIn is a great product, and unfortunately, is a necessary evil. We use it now, because we need it. It does some things well, but causes a lot of frustration in usage. If there was a product on the market that does what LogMeIn does, but better, we would consider it very seriously.
        it_user516729
        Head of IT
        Nov 14, 2017
        ​Remote Access for external and internal customers needs improvement. Its most valuable features are its UI and velocity.

What is most valuable?

User interface Velocity

How has it helped my organization?

We are using LogMeIn for our IT Management. For while, we were just doing some tests and we will decide what we will do soon.

What needs improvement?

Remote Access for external and internal customers. Remote Management for support to staff in our company.

For at least five years.

No issues.

No issues.

Yeah.

Customer Service: An eight out of 10. Technical Support: An eight out of 10.

Which solution did I use previously and

it_user516648
        User at a pharma/biotech company with 51-200 employees
        Mar 31, 2017
        We looked at TeamViewer, Bomgar and decided on LogMeIn​.

What is most valuable?

LogMeIn allows me to quickly and efficiently assist my users across the United States. The interface is very easy to use. It clearly shows all workstations I have access to. It allows me to set up groups of computers and give limited access to them.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows the IT department to be more mobile and assist from any location.

What needs improvement?

Would like for the client to be searchable.

I have been using LogMeIn for over 3 years.

Product is stable in all of our computer environments.

Customer Service: I have called tech support and my issue was resolved quickly.…
        it_user521691
        Vp Of Enterprise IT at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
        Feb 28, 2017
        The reliability and ease of use are the most valuable features.

What other advice do I have?

There are several alternative setups available, which are probably cheaper. I would ask any potential customer to check more and more; to evaluate it carefully, for multiple features administered, and then make sure that it works every time. Because, as this is a frequently used product, you don't want headaches with it. It is not like something else, numerous people are using it, and numerous people are using it frequently. So, you don't not want trouble with this kind of product. Otherwise, too many people will be calling you.
        it_user521877
        Director, Information Technology at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
        Feb 27, 2017
        It's one means for the IT team to address issues that our staff might have.

What other advice do I have?

I think it can bring a lot of value. I'm sure there are other products out there worth looking into. In our experience, we haven't had any issues. It's been stable. We're able to get to it, and it helps us run our business and service our employees better. I would definitely recommend it.
        it_user515337
        Field Engineer at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
        Jan 31, 2017
        I am able to remote in from another floor into a users computer without having to leave my desk.

What is most valuable?

Remote access into computers and the ability to save the passwords to make remote access easier and faster.

How has it helped my organization?

I am able to remote in from another floor into a users computer without having to leave the comfort of my own desk.

What needs improvement?

The UI could be a little bit more robust.

One year.

No problems.

Customer Service: The customer support was great. Any issues I encountered were responded to in a timely manner and they were able to resolve any issues that I had. Technical Support: I would rate the level of service as excellent. Response and resolution was…
        it_user552135
        Teacher Technology Engagement Program Coordinator/Technician at a educational organization with 10,001+ employees
        Nov 22, 2016
        Launching a Calling Card on a user’s desktop quickly and securely accesses their computer.

What other advice do I have?

Document and train. It is a very easy tool to use, but proper training needs to be implemented.