Webex Overview

Webex is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Virtual Meetings tools. It is most often compared to TeamViewer: Webex vs TeamViewer

What is Webex?

Webex is designed to help companies improve communication and increase productivity with unlimited HD video meetings in shared meeting spaces.

Companies can use Webex, a Cisco product, to collaborate with peers, share documents and other information, create high-impact webinars and online events, and present dynamic online courses. It can be tailored to your exact company needs and can be fully integrated with mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, and BlackBerry.

Webex is also known as Cisco Spark.

Webex Buyer's Guide

Download the Webex Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2020

Webex Customers

Seagate Technology, Kohn Pedersen Fox, World Vision International, Glen Raven, University of Notre Dame, CEV Multimedia, The Food Group, LUMEDX, California Baptist University, and Georgetown University Law Center.

Webex Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Webex pricing:
  • "The price of the license depends a lot on the type of service required and whether it is for the entire company or only for a few users."
  • "Licensing is subscription-based and the cost varies depending on how many minutes are included in the plan."

Webex Reviews

reviewer1205559
Customer Success Manager with 51-200 employees
Oct 27, 2019
Screen sharing and remote control help us solve customer problems much faster

What is our primary use case?

I use Webex Meeting daily to make all kinds of virtual meetings with my clients, colleagues, and suppliers. It helps me to carry out surveys on needs or help clients create smart accounts or review problems on their platform, all without moving from the office or my house, even from the cell phone.

• "The best feature is to be able to share the screen or just some application we want, even a video or audio, then request the remote control of the device with which they have connected."
  • "The modification of the email template is not very intuitive."

What other advice do I have?

The solution really is very good. In the last year, it has improved a lot, including the recording of the meetings has improved and been perfected.
Affan Shaikh
Consultant - Risk and compliance at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Jul 2, 2020
Easy to use with good stability and excellent audio capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for any virtual meeting. We use it for web meetings that require audio communication, text communication, and video. Video is not essential for us most of the time, however. It's not critical to see staff during, for example, team meetings.

• "The solution makes it easy for us as a team to collaborate remotely."
  • "The solution should come as a big client for the system. It should be able to be used just like chat software when necessary, similar to instant messaging."

What other advice do I have?

We schedule calls often with this solution. We schedule a meeting and dial-in to the meeting. When I say dial-in, it's web-based or a data connection, not a traditional voice call. You don't need a phone to use the service. I would rate this product an eight out of ten. Other products are also doing the same jobs, and run the same tasks. The only difference is stability. Especially when we do screen sharing, compared to other products, Webex performance is much better. The solution is provided from the cloud, so we're always using the most up-to-date version of the solution. Webex ensures…
Learn what your peers think about Webex. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
455,164 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer976956
Founder & CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Apr 16, 2020
Cost-effective, easy to manage and use, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

We use Webex for having our virtual meetings and we also provide this as a solution for our customers. On our side, we use it for both internal and external communication.

• "What we like about Webex is that it is a hosted solution, so there is no demand for us to invest in hardware, skill, or manpower to maintain our cloud meeting capability."
  • "Better integration with other solutions would benefit Webex."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering Webex is that it is a great tool for having meetings and collaborating with customers, suppliers, and employees. I think that everybody should use it. Overall, this is a good solution and I recommend it. It is easy to operate, easy to manage, easy to configure, and it is cost-effective. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Rahul Maheshwari
Transformation Program Manager at NTT Data India Enterprise Application Services Pri
Jul 21, 2020
Powerful with convenient recording feature and useful mobile app option

What is our primary use case?

We used Webex extensively, several times a day, for internal and external meetings as well as web and video conferencing. I'm a transformation program manager and we're a customer of Webex.

• "Seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook."
  • "No private chat option."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good software and a powerful tool, I don't have any complaints. I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.
reviewer1322994
CEO at a recruiting/HR firm with 11-50 employees
Jun 26, 2020
Reliable, with good performance, but a bit technical to set up

What is our primary use case?

We don't use it in any technical way; we mostly just use it for presentations and things of that sort.

• "Doing presentations on the solution is very good. There isn't much they could do to improve this aspect. It's excellent."
  • "The initial implementation was a bit difficult. If they could simplify that aspect of the solution, it would be helpful for future users."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a WebEx customer. We don't have any affiliations or special relationships with the company. The pricing is a little bit high for our company. Due to the cost, we've started working more with Microsoft Teams. Overall, I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. The setup is a bit technical, otherwise, I would rate it higher. Also, there are other competitors coming to the market which may be a bit easier to use. I would still recommend it to others though. It's a good product. It's very solid and reliable.
itnetwor714924
IT Technical III - IT Security at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 15, 2020
Easy to install and use, and the remote control features are helpful

What is our primary use case?

I use Webex for having meetings in the cloud. For example, sometimes I use it for technical reviews with my team, and sometimes, I used it for education.

• "Webex is easy to use, even for people who are just learning it."
  • "This solution would be much better if we could install an endpoint and have centralized management."

What other advice do I have?

My advice is simply that if this product fits the requirements then people should just start using it. It is very easy to use and can't be complicated, even for non-professional users. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Lynne Liu
Business Analyst at a recruiting/HR firm with 10,001+ employees
Apr 6, 2020
Has the option to type in a phone number and get a conference room to call my number rather than needing to dial in every time

• "They have a feature called Call Me in which I need to type in my phone number and I can get a conference room to call my number rather than needing to dial in every time. I think that's a quite good feature."
  • "My company does a lot of international calls. For some countries they do not have their local number to call in, all they have is a 1-800 number which is quite hard to find. If they want to improve they should set up the local number to call in. What would be beneficial."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Webex. I'm currently using and I'm happy with it. It has all of the features that our business needs. For example, our manager can call in and they also have their conference number which you can dial in as well and you can dial in using your phone, or you can use your computer video. It's easy to share a screen and turn your video on and off. I would rate it a nine out of ten.
SYED RAHMAN
Founder and President at AAnnex
Jun 19, 2020
Perfect for remote meetings, excellent feature offerings, and a professional UI

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to handle our remote meetings. If we need to have international meetings or client meetings, we use this solution. We also use it if we need to share desktops remotely or remotely control a customer's environment. We use it to record calls as well.

• "It's easy to dial the numbers and the process of connecting a call is very intuitive."
  • "Sometimes the call quality is not that great. When you call in, especially in an international situation, or if you have people calling from different continents or geographical locations, there can be issues with the call itself."

What other advice do I have?

We have a business relationship with WebEx. We're a solution partner. I personally am a cloud architect and I work for many international companies. I would rate the solution eight out of ten.
See 8 more Webex Reviews