WinAutomation by Softomotive Overview

WinAutomation by Softomotive is the #11 ranked solution in our list of best RPA tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft Power Automate: WinAutomation by Softomotive vs Microsoft Power Automate

What is WinAutomation by Softomotive?

WinAutomation provided by Softomotive is the world’s best desktop automation tool and provides a powerful, robust and easy to use Windows-based platform for building software robots.

WinAutomation brings the benefits of Robotic Process Automation to your desktop. It offers the most powerful, robust and easy to use Windows-based software that allows you to automate routine and repetitive tasks. WinAutomation helps you reduce costs and improve the overall speed and accuracy of business processes.

WinAutomation can automate ANY windows-based task you can imagine

Augment your own work by automating time consuming, repetitive tasks and free up valuable time for more value-added activities. WinAutomation can automate simple administrative tasks, involving simple data transfer between systems, to complex business processes and workflows. Interact with any Desktop or Web Applications, send e-mails, work with all kinds of documents and folders, search for images on the screen, work with FTPs, databases, MSOffice products and much-much more.

WinAutomation by Softomotive is also known as Softomotive WinAutomation, WinAutomation.

WinAutomation by Softomotive Buyer's Guide

Download the WinAutomation by Softomotive Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2020

WinAutomation by Softomotive Customers

xerox, harris&ford, JDM Wealth Management, Fetter Group

WinAutomation by Softomotive Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about WinAutomation by Softomotive pricing:
  • "This solution is reasonably priced and offers a free trial period."
  • "This is a cost-effective RPA solution."

WinAutomation by Softomotive Reviews

Daniel and RPA
RPA Developer at a tech consulting company with 11-50 employees
Jul 17, 2020
You can build your RPA solutions with this easy-to-use product but the stability is questionable

What is our primary use case?

The primary use we have for this product is a solution we created for a client to download daily data from a big company's website. It is a website tool for helping the company monitor the channel for managing their associate or partner responsibilities. They needed to visit the website every day — or as often as possible — so they could get information from the parent company, or collect orders or complaints from there.

• "This product has an easy-to-use interface with nice detail in the features."
  • "The stability of the product is not very good and can even fail with simple projects."

What other advice do I have?

I think the advice I can give someone considering this solution has to do with making a smart choice. If someone wants to do some RPA project without already knowing a product, then he or she needs to take quite a long time to learn about RPA. You can look at the subject to learn about it and then learn a little bit about programming. There is not just one place to find this kind of tutorial and educational material. A single vendor will only provide what you need to use their product. Each vendor has different educational materials from different perspectives and different methods of…
Gaurav Satle
Technical Lead & Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Nov 13, 2019
Easy to set up but needs better recommendation features and not very user friendly

• "The solution is comparatively quick to deploy for making smaller automation processes."
  • "We find the solution to be not that user-friendly, and might be using the older version, which really did not have a lot of features, so my review is mostly based on the older version."

What other advice do I have?

We've used versions 4.0, 5.1, and 6.0 as well. We use the on-premises deployment model. In terms of advice I'd give to others, I'd say, first of all, they should make sure they are implementing the most recent version, not the old version that I have used. However, I'd suggest having a limited scope and to plan to work meticulously because if there is a bigger project, instead of making something wherein you're not able to reuse the components which you have already done for one project, and reuse it for the other project, a lot of time is wasted in copy-pasting code. I'd rate the solution six…
Learn what your peers think about WinAutomation by Softomotive. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2020.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Neil Watson
Information Technology Consultant at Evolve
MSP
Mar 23, 2020
Monitoring solution that alerts when there is a problem and integrates across multiple systems

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for IT service checks within our daily process automation. It monitors consoles and raises alerts when things need to be alerted. For example, when a business rule is broken then an alert is raised, or if we are looking at the backup management and server availability and there is a problem with the backup then we raise an alert.

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to integrate across multiple systems."
  • "One of the challenges is dealing with OCR text recognition."

What other advice do I have?

It takes slightly longer than you would expect to set something up that's resilient. Building resilience takes as long as building in the logic. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Geroge Tzifas
Chief Operating Officer at NGMROBOTICS LTD
Jan 28, 2020
An inexpensive and scalable way to create custom automations

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for operations related to HR activity.

• "The solution is very easy to use. It's a code three platform that works very easily with documents to create custom automations."
  • "The solution could use some more advanced AI tools. It's one of the solution's only weaknesses."

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Softomotive. We're currently using the 2019 version of the solution. I would recommend the solution to those who want to start exploring RPA and the benefit of RPA without investing too much money. It's a helpful way to get to know the technology. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
reviewer1456176
Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Nov 27, 2020
Cost-effective with good support, but lacks the support to include coding

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the tools that we implement for our clients. We have been automating several tasks using this product. They include things like comparing Excel worksheets with the contents of databases, automation in database security, and we have internal logs that can be used to help developers pinpoint errors.

• "The technical support is good."
  • "There is a limitation in setting up loops, where it does not support multiple conditions."

What other advice do I have?

This is definitely a product that I can recommend. The price is cheaper than other tools and it has a lot of features. I would rate this solution a six out of ten.
CosminArdeleanu
CEO at Consilio
Dec 16, 2019
Simple, easy to implement, and offers fair pricing

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for back-office activities and processing.

• "The pricing of the solution is competitive, which is good for the Romanian market."
  • "The solution could offer more specific training. There should be more examples of what the functions can do and more instructions and explanations to the process."

What other advice do I have?

The solution is web-based. We're partners with WinAutomation. I'd advise others to be patient and learn how to program it properly. The results will come, but there will be a learning curve. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.
Devendhar Rao
Technical Team Lead at emids
Jul 30, 2020
Supports multiple automations running in parallel and captures video for troubleshooting

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for automation.

• "The most valuable feature is that you can run multiple automations at the same time, in parallel."
  • "The OCR functionality needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering WinAutomation is that it is a very good tool. They definitely need to use it. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Download our free WinAutomation by Softomotive Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.