Bomgar Remote Support Review

Read the manual and do not be afraid to reach out to the Bomgar community.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature would be remote support. We have over 4000 computers on campus and this is our go-to for remote support.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to have to constantly run from building to building and campus to campus. Now our technical staff can focus more on customer support than beforehand.

What needs improvement?

I wouldn’t mind seeing this product have the functionality of pushing small software bundles. I think they might be working on this currently but I'm not sure.

We have been using Bomgar here at the college for about four years.

Bomgar is one of the most stable platforms I have ever used in the IT world. It just always works.

Absolutely no issues with scalability at all.

Their technical support is top notch, although we have only used them a little. This product just works. I wish we had other products that are as reliable as Bomgar.

We used to use Ultra VNC. We switched over because we were not having much luck with Ultra, as far as performance is concerned.

The setup was straightforward and we had lots of help from Bomgar. They sent down a technical adviser to help with the setup, but honestly it was very easy to setup.

Talk to your sales rep. Ours was very helpful in getting us a great deal with the product.

The only other option we used was UltraVNC and as I said it just didn’t work well for us. We spoke with a lot of Dell KACE users and all of them highly recommended Bomgar. They work very well with each other.

What other advice do I have?

Read the manual and do not be afraid to reach out to the Bomgar community. A lot of help is out there for any issues you may run into.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Dilip KulkarniReal User

Indeed the Support is top notch. When you say pushing software bundles, If you are looking at copying a installer during session and running install on users machine, then this is possible.

06 March 17